• Divine Right a Trinity Continuum Open World PbP
  • Something Wicked: A Teen Witch Chronical
  • Shadows of the Worlf: a Game of Personal Supernatural Horror
  • Three Leaves DnD 5E Campaign
  • Absolute Power Supers Game
  • Code of Conduct Read in Rules Above

[Plot Thread 3.1] Opening Doors

Nina

"Lets not get ahead of ourselves," Dr Ross goes back to the table and sits, "Harold, do you have any indication of a technological structure, or for that matter anything?"

Harold shakes his head manipulates the map and more pictures showing the various types of scans and detailed photos taken. "Once we determined that this was the origin point, we put all our resources on it expecting to find something. And we have come up with bupkis.

If there is an artificial structure there it is very very deep, nothing we have can penetrate more than five to six hundred meters. If your assessment is correct and the tunnel you entered in the Atlantic was at a depth of one thousand feet and you then encountered another set of tunnels below that. With the surface elevation we are looking at a depth of minimum twenty-five hundred feet.  Way too deep for anything we have for remote scanning."

Ryan and Deezy study all the maps and images. "What about the atmospheric anomalies you mentioned," asked Deezy?

Harold shook his head again and pushed his glasses back up on his nose from where they had slipped down. "Usual weird stuff, odd weather for the region, magnetic interference with compasses and stuff like that. Mostly reported back in the nineteen-twenties and thirties, we did some surveys in the fifties and sixties, DOD related to Missile Guidance, but it was determined that the level of interference was minimal and would not affect anything we had.

There isn’t much air traffic that overflies it anymore and I will tell you there have been dozens of expeditions to the structure over the years there isn’t anything there but rock, weird rock yeah but rock. The place is a geologist wet dream and would be a major scientific location if it weren’t in the middle of Mauritania. Not a safe place to go.

Back to the anomalies though, as far as we can tell the region is no longer causing any disturbances, but to be honest we don’t know if that is recent or if whatever was causing it in the past just finally died out.”

“Thanks Harold, why don’t you go and compile all of the information we have on the target for our friends.” Harold nodded and left, Deezy and Ryan joined Ross at the table.

“I will have to get clearance for any operation, but I do agree with you that this is important. From a purely patriotic standpoint we cannot allow potentially dangerous alien technology fall into the wrong hands. And in this case the wrong hands are anyone’s but ours.

Going into Mauritania is out of the question, it is a fundamental Islamic state that is at best lawless, they have taken the hardline stance that the Enhanced are the spawn of Satan and I won’t risk any one much less you two to go there. But if what Harold says is true, going to the site on the surface probably would not be productive anyway. The tunnels are still the best way in.

We do not know if Utopia is aware of the older tunnels. I cannot imagine them letting it sit, considering they have not done anything else slowly.

But we must be cautious. I’ll leave the planning up to you two, but don’t take any action until I get an operation approved. My suggestion use the tunnels, but this time find some one who can look past any obstructions and don’t blow anything up as a first resort.”

Ryan nodded.  "So we won't go in the country itself."   Ryan was almost certain there was nothing they could throw at him to actually harm him, but it wasn't worth tempting fate.  There had been two sets of tunnels, and they could try the second one.   He'd probably leave Cassie at home, or have her out somewhere public, drawing attention from this mission when they ran it.  

"At least the government's stance will help somewhat with keeping Utopia away as well.  They don't want to tarnish their image by just going in uninvited."

Edited by Shameless

• Nina locked this topic
  • Nina unpinned this topic