• Divine Right a Trinity Continuum Open World PbP
  • Something Wicked: A Teen Witch Chronical
  • Shadows of the Worlf: a Game of Personal Supernatural Horror
  • Three Leaves DnD 5E Campaign
  • Absolute Power Supers Game
  • Code of Conduct Read in Rules Above

Something Wicked - Another Brick in the Wall

Nina

“Silas!” Quinn’s shout across the front yard of the school snapped his and Dylan’s head around as the girl in question hurried over to them. That was always a dicey proposition for Quinn, and she stumbled the last few feet with Silas having to catch her. Dylan caught her backpack as it slid down her shoulder, but she didn’t seem to notice. Flushing, she grinned at her best friend and said, “You’ll never believe what happened to me this morning!”

Silas smiled down at her, well used to her clumsiness when not on the back of a horse, and helped her right herself. “What happened?” he asked with eager interest. 

Leaning close, she opened her mouth, then glanced at Dylan, watching them. A cascade of emotions flowed over her face before settling on exasperation. Grabbing his shoulder with a bandaged hand, she pulled Silas’s boyfriend close so she could whisper to both of them, “I talked to Bey-bey!” Then she tapped her temple with a meaningful look at Silas, hoping he at least would get the reference.

Silas blinked, then his eyes went wide. “It worked?” he nearly squeaked, trying to stay quiet but excited for Quinn. 

“Yep!” She beamed at him. “I asked her to pick up her foot for me, and she did! Without me saying anything or touching her pastern!” 

He gave her an impressed look and a happy grin. “That’s amazing, Quinn! Isn’t that cool, Dylan?” He turned to his boyfriend, wanting to share the moment. 

“Yeah, that’s neat,” Dylan said in his soft drawl, giving both of the teens a smile. “But what’s wrong with your hand, Quinn?”

“Oh.” She flushed again, her eyes dropping to her feet. “That was another attempt to do, the uh… we need a code name for it, like, I don’t know. We should ask Roach. But anyway, I tried to move the hoof pick to my hand, and I did it a little, um, hard.”

Silas winced. “Yeah, I tried practicing with my history book. If Dylan hadn’t caught it, I’d probably have a broken nose and black eye. This stuff is. . . tricky. I did manage to keep my soda cold without ice for a while. Way more exhausting than just getting some ice, though.”

“I haven’t tried that one so much,” Quinn admitted with a grimace. “The only place I really have privacy aside from my bedroom is the barn, and you don’t want to throw fire around there.” The first bell rang, and the three kids started for the front door. “I wonder,” Quinn added as they went inside, “what the others tried to do.”

The older witch looked at roach with pursed lips and then shook her head. “Don’t worry honey, like I said, I’m not going to eat you, your still too young for that.” She laughed a little. “But,” Solart leaned over  and rested her hand on Roaches arm which was on the top of the desk, “I just want to help you out and show you that I am not what you think I am.”

"You're...not a high school teacher who's worryingly into physical contact with students?" Roach asked, almost on autopilot. Inwardly she was trying to replay that thing Solart had done at the door. Some kind of spell, she was sure of it. Anti-escape? Anti-eavesdropping? Both?

Wait a second, I know what this is.

Holy shit, she was being recruited. By the Big Bad. The thought almost made her laugh out loud. It was also perversely flattering. Jesus, how to play it though? Straight for now, she thought. Let Ms. Solart show some cards.

So she winced slightly and shook her head and said quickly, "Sorry...that was...probably a bit too far. I've been having a pretty shi...crappy day. Brain's only half hooked up to my mouth. I don't think it's anything you can help with though, unless you want to spot me a few points on the next quiz or something."

Edited by SalmonMax

Solart took her hand away with a sigh, “Oh honey don’t be that girl. We both know that the two of us know the truth and I suppose you have told your friends about me as well.”

She steps away to her desk and picks up an apple that Roach had not seen on there before’ and takes a big bite. She holds it out toward Roach, “Want one? Look, did you think you were the first witch to use a computer and the internet to do a finding spell? Honey this is the twenty first century, not the dark ages.

You are smarter than that.”

Spoiler

Max, if you want to continue this for a post we can do it in Discord this evening. might be easier and faster, than back and forth posting.

• 2 weeks later...

Roach looked at the apple skeptically, then shook her head, making no move to reach for it.

"Okay so...what you've got anti-witchery firewalls now? Fine, yes. I know who you are. Honestly, I don't really care that much though? Like, you're really old, and you escaped witch trials, and now you're a teacher. That is actually pretty cool, all things considered. So I've got no reasons to make trouble for you, or spread gossip, or any of that. You know...as long as that's all there is to it."

Dorothy took a deep breath and let it out, set the apple down and crossed her arms, "Rochelle, it is just that out of all that little coven your witch mistress has put together...you," she nodded her head pointing her chin at Roach, "are by far the smartest and the most promising, I hate seeing talent wasted. But the real reason I had you stay after is to warn you. Obadiah Swain is not something you and your little scooby gang are ready for. Your little spell to find out about him was like lighting a up a beacon, he may not know it was you but i guarantee he knows someone is looking. Now what in heaven and hell prompted you to go looking for a thing like him?"

Roach folded her arms. "He started it. Came after us in a parking lot. If we hadn't had a ward up, it wouldn't have gone well. So ready or not, it's already on."

The older witch drops her arms and stands up striaght, "Wait. What did you just say? you have seen him?"

"He's a vampire, apparently. Super strong, fast...full of himself. There can't be that many around here."

"Vampire...? What? Who told you that?" She steps toward you then turns and raises a hand shaking it, " No never mind that doesn't matter. He isn't a vampire, he is much much worse. Well crap. Okay." She turns back to face Roach, and puts her hand on her lips, thinking, " You are going to need my help we might even need that old pervert uncle of Wise's."

Rochelle lifted a skeptical eyebrow. "You want to fill me in here? What is he?"

Solart looks at Roach taking measure. "Obadiah Swain is a Reaper, in modern parlance he would be what those idiots who think they are witches would call a Black Priest. When those fools get all worked up and are ready to make a real sacrifice on the black sabbath their coven leader makes a big show of summoning the black priest, usually it just some asswipe from another false coven wearing a goats head mask. But if there is any real magic it's a reaper who comes to take the sacrifice. That is what Swain is, the oldest surviving Reaper on Earth."

Roach frowns a little. "Huh. Then why did he come after us? We didn't do anything like that."

Solart rolls her eyes, "He was probably hungry, vampires aren't the only things that eat people you know. But if he is around and awake then someone is getting ready to do a black mass and make a real sacrifice. Mortals are stupid that way."

"So there's another coven in town. And this Swain guy...knows in advance they're going to sacrifice something?" Roach eyed Solart. "But this guy's a high up, so probably not someTHING so much as someONE."

She nods "Swain would and don't make a mistake he isn't human, not anymore. Whatever humanity that was in him died a long long time ago. And whoever this coven is they won't be real witches. We don't do this kind of shit. not if we want to live long."

"Potato potahto though," points out Roach. "They have magic powers, they run in gangs called covens. We can argue who's a true Scotsman all day, but in the end they're basically like us, right? Except murderous. In fact...okay okay just...okay." She held out her hands for a second. "We should probably take this to everyone."

"You better do that hun, they might freak out if i just show up at your club house."

"Not if I'm with you," Roach counters. "Or...I can introduce you. It's just, I feel like you have a literal book to write about all this, and if it's on me to pass it on, I may get something important wrong, you know? Besides, you already said we'll need your help."

Solart ponders for a minute. "okay honey, we'll do it your way you set it up and let me know when and where"

With that Roach nodded and said, "Alright, gimme your number so I can call you." She tapped it in as the elder witch recited the numbers like some ancient spell, then said, "Ok, I'll let you know. Byyyyyeeeee..."

She dragged the last word out as she schmoozed on out the door and into the hallway to get to her next class.

Vampires. Reapers. Roach didn't know about any of that, but she figured that if this Obadiah guy was the last surviving one on Earth, that heavily implied the others had been killed. So they'd just work out how that'd happened and...pow. Before he made a move on them. Pow.

What could go wrong?

During and between classes, Jo took a moment to speak with the teachers and coaches that ran the various school sports. They congratulated her for her decisive win at the Crossfit games in her age division, but most were decidedly less pleased when she informed them she wouldn't be joining their teams this year. No basketball or volleyball, they'd miss her the most and her coaches almost seemed ready to go to the principal and her parents to make her sign up. No softball, and she was even going to try wrestling again, she always seemed to miss making weight. Nothing, except for Track & Field, and even in that, only in events that were part of the heptathlon, and the 100 meter dash. Her Field coach had been both relieved and ecstatic, having already heard from the huge and hugely athletic girl's other coaches before she gone to her.

Jo couldn't help but feel guilty about it. She knew at least some of her former teammates, and maybe even the coaches, would blame her if and when the teams she used to be on lost a game, or the season. Maybe even some of the other students at school would too. Jo was well aware of how physically and athletically gifted she was, and she worked on it even more, was always the top player or the best athlete in any sport she competed in at school, and yes, she loved the rush and satisfaction she got from winning, dominating, 

But now, she had magic! She didn't have time to participate in every sport she wanted to, so she was just keeping Crossfit and the Heptathlon, loving the multi-disciplinary variety - and to keep her mother happy, in regards to the heptathlon, at least. Just like her impressive physique, magic was a gift, but it took practice, training to make the best of it. She hadn't done much with magic at the beginning of summer, but since the encounter with the Obadiah thing, it seemed like she'd need magic more than muscle to protect her friends from him.

Which didn't mean one couldn't help with the other. Extensive exercise and competing in sports took focus, a mental focus she found she could adapt to the working of magic, at least some. She'd felt it the strongest, the best, when she was prepping for weightlifting, powerlifting, personal bests. It had flowed out of her as easy as breathing, and it had suddenly felt like there was another set of arms, another set of legs, two of each even, helping her with a deadlift, and she'd powered up her best deadlift into a shoulder press almost as easily as if the bar had been empty. Not quite, but close. It was exhilarating.

She was fer sure glad only Keith had been in the gym with her at the time. They had both stared at the laden barbell in wide-eyed shock. Then they had tested out her limits, while keeping a close eye in case anyone else in the house showed up, though the big blonde was usually left alone when working out. With just the magic, it felt like she could lift as much as she could with her arms and lefts, maybe a bit more, but move it a lot more easily. It almost felt like she was able to exert her bodily strength at a distance. With magic and muscle both, she more than doubled her previous max.

The other stuff... she wasn't so good at. She been excited to try the mind-talking thing with Banner. She wasn't even sure if it had worked or failed, but the big dog had simply looked at her... and said not a word. If might not have worked, or Banner could have just been silent. She couldn't help but have a vague impression that Banner was amused. She'd tried with Keith  and Darryl and  both said it sounded like she was shouting at them, but they could make out what she was saying, at least.

She had wrecked several water bottles on her run trying for ice and fire. She'd frozen the water into a solid block, splitting the bottle. Heating up the water, she'd heated it too much and the plastic bottle had exploded. She'd been wary after that and decided to just try the colding half for now. She gotten better with that, at least most times. She didn't freeze the water into a solid block, though sometimes it was more ice than water, but refreshingly cold either way.

Jo was walking through the halls with Darryl when her face darkened at the sight of something she hadn't seen since the end of school before summer. She'd barely even thought about him since, like, a week after meeting Darryl. A senior now, he turned from hitting on a petite sophomore, a cheerleader, a disgusted smirk on his face when he laid his eyes on the hulking teen girl he'd dated for most of last school year, a freshman who he'd ended up have to look up to by the end. If anything, she looked even bigger, more muscular, more imposing, now after a very active summer.

"Dex," Jo growled, feeling every muscle tense up as she glared at him, dark blue eyes hard. She suddenly wanted to magic ram his head into the locker. And when the cheerleader, who eyeline would barely reach her breasts, gave her a catty grin, as if she'd stolen something from the enormous girl, Jo had to restrain herself from wanting to give her - Brittany? - the same as Dexter Fox.

Edited by Asarasa

Solart had given Roach a note excusing her for being late to her next class.

Silas who shared her next class tried to find out what the masquerading witch had wanted with his friend, but Roach told him to wait until later. This was repeated with several other circle members throughout the rest of the day, but finally the bell rang and Monday was over.

Thirty minutes later the Kids were sitting at what was now their table on the patio at the Wendy’s. Evelyn and Hank were sharing some fries and the rest of the Kids got their usual after school snacks and sat around, all of them focused on Roach who seemed a bit uncomfortable.

“Ok so what did Miss Solart want Roach, it’s not like we have done any papers or had any tests,” asked Hank with a shrug. Evelyn did not say anything just watched Roach as she nibbled a fry.

"She knows I looked her up online," Roach answered casually. "But she also knows who else I looked up, if you're getting me. The guy from the parking lot."

Rochelle leaned in a little closer over the table and said more quietly, "He's not a vampire, turns out. He's something called a Reaper...which is, I guess, worse?" With a shrug she sat back.

"So I asked Miss Solart to meet up with us sometime to explain in detail. She says she can help us. I figure, why not give her a chance?"

Then Roach waved everyone off. "Jesus, look at someone else for a hot second. I feel like I've got...antennae or something."

Hank sat back, and averted his own gaze to watching a Hawk circling in the distance.  He could tell it was a hawk because of how it was flying, as opposed to how a buzzard circled.  "I imagine a Reaper's worse, if it's something that brings only death."  

He sighed.  "What will her help cost, and is it a price we want to pay?"  Hank didn't really trust Miss Solart, but he was still new at all of this.  What he did know was that they didn't want to agree to any bad deals.

"Dude, I don't know. I stopped her and said she should tell all of us, exactly because I didn't want to have to remember everything and repeat it back to you."

Roach leaned back and looked at the ceiling.

"She said they take human sacrifices though. Like when evil cults kill someone, a Reaper shows up to seal the deal. Also, side note...there's an evil cult operating in the area. Anyway, this particular Reaper is like...the worst one though, apparently. The Dracula of Reapers."

Evelyn had been thinking while Roach had explained. "I don't know what a reaper is," she glances at Dylan, who shakes his head, " Ok well obviously I don't know everything and we need to find out. It is just knowledge so that I can ask Uncle about. You all know the people here better than me, we need to find out who this coven is. It will be easier to do anything if we know that and when we find out that we need to find out if they know about us.

Now about Ms Solart, if we meet with her it needs to be somewhere were we can have an advantage, but also somewhere were we can't be observed or interfered with.

Roach," Evelyn looks the other witch in the eye, " did she say if she had the book?"

Spoiler

Roach make a standard test 2d6 you have no bonuses for this

• 2 weeks later...

"It sounds like we really need to meet with her," Quinn said nervously. She didn't like the vampire-thing -- which had honestly been bad enough -- getting changed into a Reaper, which was somehow worse. She thought for a moemnt, then asked, "How do you find a coven? What are the signs? I mean, not the black robes chanting in a circle thing but the things we can look for or need to look for in everyday actions?"

Pulling out her notebook, Quinn fliped to the last page and wrote: 

1. Needs ritual space
  2. Needs privacy
  3. Needs to have group of friends -- right number? ____
  4. ?? Profit?

Glancing up, she showed it to Evelyn and asked, "Am I on the right track?"

Roach sidled up behind Quinn to peer at what she was writing, then looked over at Evelyn and shook her head.

"No, nothing about a book. I didn't ask about it though, so it woulda been weird if she had mentioned it."

She shook her head. "I don't think I should just ask her, you know? If she has it, she won't tell us. What I'm gonna do is get her trust. Get her to let me into her place...then I can take a look around, see if she has it for myself. James Bond-esque."

Twisting the swivel chair to the side so she had room to stretch out her legs, Jo finished off her chicken BLT burger, thinking much the same thing as Quinn. How would they find the other coven? It was easier thinking on that than on the Reaper thing, something worse than a vampire. Something that could just... just poof away, out of reach. How did she fight something she couldn't even hit? She balled a big hand into a bigger fist, tendons cording in sharp relief on her muscular arm.

No! Leave the Reaper for later, when we know more! The coven, think on that. She remembered going to paintball with all her brothers last year. She'd hated it. She might have been stronger than all her brothers, faster than all of them, and at least as good a shot as any of them. She was also way bigger than any of them too, and had made a huge target. She come away that afternoon spattered with more colours than a rainbow. She could have been picked out from the next county over. What they needed was a way to paint a witch, and only a witch, with paint only they could see.

Jo's deep bleu eyes followed Quinn's towards Evelyn. "Could we do a spell or the like, something like, Ah dunno, an invisible web, that'll leave a mark only we can see when someone that can do magic walks through it?"

The huge blonde gave Roach a doubtful look. Jo might have been a lot of things, but sneaky or circumspect wasn't one of them. "I've seen some of those there Bond movies. Lots of explosions and car chases and whatnot. If yah trying to be sneaky, be better'n that, Roach. Seems to me, Miss Solart, she's been at this fer a long time."

Evelyn nibbled at a french fry thoughtfully, then shook her head, "No, Jo, it doesn't work like that. I've been trying to tell you and show you, magic is everywhere, and any one can use it or have it on them and not even know it. Any sort of spell would have to be too specific and narrow to be of any use and that would make it of little use in a situation like this.

Roach, you said Ms Solart said these reapers come when a false coven is preparing a sacrifice. is that right."

Roach nodded, "Yeah mostly."

"Then that is where we start." The Kids all looked blankly at Evelyn. She gave a little snort of a laugh, "Witches' who aren't really witches are going to dress and act the part as they think they should. I mean look at us, I wear dresses and a lot of pink, Jo wears shorts that would embarrass a stripper and sports bras that pass as shirts. What I am saying is to look at any of us and you would never imagine us as witches. But a false coven is playing a part, in their minds to be a witch you have to look like a witch."

1. Needs ritual space
  2. Needs privacy
  3. Needs to have group of friends -- right number? ____
  4. ?? Profit?   Dresses shittily

Quinn stared at her updated list and frowned. "So pointy hats and flowing black dress? Fake warts? Or do you mean sexy witches, Ev?" She mused on that, thinking. "You know, I can't think of anyone who dresses like this. Is this something they do only for rituals? Or is this gonna be a case of looking for them around full moons or..." She trailed off, straining through her meager knowledge of horror movies and coming up short. She didn't really like the genre, so it was easy for her to not have a single real clue what Evelyn meant.

"Oh, is there a set number for the coven, then?"

"Three? Or seven?" Roach shrugged. "Anyway, you guys are overlooking the important part. The important part is that we are actually obligated to bully emo kids. Like, it's legit civic duty right now. This is truly magical."

"More to the point...Halloween is coming up. If I was a poser wannabe witch and was planning a sacrifice, that'd be the day, right? Midnight on Aaaaall Hallows Eeeeeeeeve?"

She wiggled her fingers spookily as she said it.

Evelyn suppressed a giggle at Roach's antics, "Yes your right multiples of three are the usual numbers for a coven, sevens are generally for good circles like ours, you know the kind that aren't going to sacrifice people.

As for who y'all got a better chance of recognizing than me I don't really know anyone but y'all. But they gonna be a close nit group, probably only three but maybe six, but that's a lot to be contemplating a murder. They are probably outsiders, not cheerleaders or band people not jocks. Goths, stoners, not new agers or wiccans those wouldn't advocate sacrificing.

Y"all know anyone like that?"

The kids pondered and realized they all knew kids that could fit that bill. This was gonna be harder than it sounded.

They decided to meet with Ms Solart, Friday after assembly for the pep rally for this weeks football games. They would be let out of school almost a full hour early to accommodate travel time for the away game that night. Bowing to Evelyn's wishes they set the meet up at a completely neutral location no where near any of their normal gathering spots, to that end it was settled to meet after school Friday at the Hole in the Wall Café, where Evelyn would have her uncle reserve the upstairs dining room for a 'party'.

The very next day Roach informed Ms. Solart while the rest avoided her as much as possible, Ms Solart, not Roach. The rest of the week was spent searching for the other witches.

Union County High School, like any school in America, is comprised of cliques, your jocks, your preps, your nerd, your stoners, and your goths. And like most kids if they aren't in your clique or opposed to your clique, you generally don't notice them and so it was that the Kids got an education. There were a lot of cliques big and small at Union County high and there were a few kids that could fit the bill on the surface. But three stood out.

Samantha Kane, a girl who was a senior this year, the Kids, who had been here all their lives remembered her as a chubby wallflower type nerd until her junior year, when she had returned to school after a summer spent up north with family, she had lost weight and put on sex appeal. Her junior year she had broken away from her nerdy friends and become somewhat of a siren. She had dated a number of boys, usually only once or twice before moving on, and strangely the boys were out of character quiet about those trysts.

Before, she had been a loner not belonging to a clique and seemingly having few friends. But this year, she seems to have made new friends with two other girls, both  younger, Natalie Tate and Karen Ellis both freshmen, and both decidedly not acting the way they knew them from when they all were in Jr High. The three girls dressed decidedly sexier than they should have, nothing that would get them in trouble at school, but definitely making them noticeable, and their preferred color seemed to be black and their makeup almost over the top…and black.

Spoiler

The Girls from Before this year .  Natalie Tate  5054-a-beautiful-african-american-teen-girl-posing-in-the-woods-pv.thumb.jpg.f1d0bbd3ed55c8572c4c364fa8e441bb.jpg       Karen Ellis  1784519432_KarenEllis.jpg.cc1ec0eec200a72287fe4386b723e6e1.jpg

And Samantha Kane since her return from the r before her Junior year   1828712977_SamanthaKane.jpg.649d6dda85ff5e4172affe560e5dd094.jpg

Now these three were virtually inseparable when not in class, sitting together at lunch and before an after school. Samantha even picked them up in the mornings and drove them home after school. All very strange when looked at in the microcosm that was a high school, Samantha was a senior what was she doing hanging out with freshmen? And why was no one making a thing about it?

• 2 weeks later...

After school, after her afternoon workout, Jo gathered with the rest of the Walsh Road kids at the Clairburn House. Pale blond hair still damp from her shower, the huge girl sat on the wooden porch swing with Darryl, the chains creaking softly as they discussed their suspicions, while waiting to find out if Mr. Clairburn knew anything more about Reapers. The others had to practically shove Samantha in front of Jo before she thought there was anything there.

Having gone through two massive growth spurts of her own, Jo hadn't really noticed or thought it anything weird that Samantha had changed so much over a single summer. And as a Freshman, Jo had dated a Junior, even if it had ended bad. A senior hanging out with two Freshmen, was it that odd? True, when the others pointed out if was usually Junior and Senior boys hitting on Freshmen girls, rather than the other way around, it did look more suspicious, Jo supposed. And they did wear an awful lot of black.

"We got some suspects, now," Jo asked, looking around at the others. "Now what, we just follow 'em 'round, waitin' fer 'em to do anything witch-like?" Her deep blue eyes were doubtful. She might have been a beast at tag, but had always been notoriously bad at hide and seek. If there was a bigger girl in all of Georgia, Jo had never met her. "Or do we start hauntin' the graveyard to see if they show?"

Jo nodded at Evelyn, grinning wryly. "Before y'all moved back in, the Clairburn House woulda been a place Ah'd think witches would hang out." Her eyes went around the longtime Walsh Road Kids. "Y'all remember if there's a murder house or the like witches who've only read 'bout witches would go to do their rituals?" A thoughtful frown crossed her tanned, pretty face. "If Banner can get a good sniff of 'em, he might be able to track where they've been, leastwise."

Edited by Asarasa

Hank didn't really know the girls at all, if he was honest, the only ones he really knew that he wasn't related too were the ones in their tight circle of friends, and now Evelyn. He knew of them, but that was really it.  He wasn't going to be much help in tailing the girls, he wasn't the subtle type, and he knew it'd take more of that to do what they were wanting to do.

"Maybe she knows something, just enough to be dangerous to herself and others.  Doesn't it seem, y'know, cliche?   Coming back dressing all in black, changing everything about herself, recruiting two others and they change themselves?  I mean I could swear this is like the plot of a movie or something."

He looked around, and considered Jo's suggestion.   "I have no doubt Banner could track them, but I don't think you're gonna get him anywhere close to them.   He's not exactly easy to hide."   he grinned at the larger girl.  

Evelyn frowned at Hank, "Of course it's cliche, that's kind of the point isn't it. They aren't real witches, so they have to fall back on what they think have been told. As for banner tracking them," She makes worried face, " They take gym classes so they have gym clothes which they probably store in their gym lockers..." she shrug.

Evelyn look thoughtful, "That black girl, Natalie, isn't she the sister of Jeff Tate, that boy you were talking to at the faire?"

"Wonder who's telling them..." Roach commented idly. "I mean, lots of girls do the goth thing and buy softback spellbooks from New Age stores and nothing ever comes of it. So obviously, if what they're doing is having some kind of an effect even though they're clueless, someone's helping them. And from what we were told about Reapers, it wouldn't be him. He's here for a pretty specific reason."

"What if some of us decide to join up? Infiltrate their coven?"

• 3 weeks later...

"Well, that's an option, sure."  Hank replied.   "Maybe we should observe them abit more first though, see what if anything they're actually doing."

Hank knew it'd have to be one of the girls to try that, likely Roach herself, or Quinn.   Evelyn could do it, but even without his feelings for her, that just didn't seem the right call to make.  At any rate, he wasn't keen to send any of his friends into the lion's den, period.   He'd go himself, but this just wasn't something he could really do.

"Might be pretendin' to join could work fer some of us, but Ah don't think they'd believe it of me," Jo opined, folding her thickly muscled arms beneath her pert breasts.

She'd been a jock for, like, forever. The huge girl couldn't believe anyone would think she'd actually join the goth or emo or whatever fake witches were called. Plus, she didn't want to dye her hair black. She'd done it once, last year for Halloween for her Wonder Woman costume, and it had taken forever to wash out.

With a foot on veranda, Jo gave the porch swing another strong push. She nodded at Hank. "You work with Jeff at the store, right, Hank? May be you could see 'bout bein' more friendly like, see 'bout hangin' out at his place to play b-ball or video games or something, and try to get a peek at Natalie's room? If you can't get anything from her room, I'll try to snag something from the locker room fer Banner to get their scent."

Jo frowned with the effort of thinking clever, twisting around so she was sitting on the porch-swing the long way, long, powerful legs resting on Darryl's lap. "Could ask Keith to see if he knows anything 'bout Samantha Kane. Anyone knows where the girls live? Guess we could look 'round their places, look fer where they might do their rituals nearby."

Hank looked at Jo, and there was this mildly shocked look on his face.  "You want me to act friendly to her brother, get myself invited to their home, then find a way into her room to get something of hers, so we can get Banner to track her?"   Were it anyone else, he'd wonder about their sanity, but he knew Jo meant it.  He and Jeff didn't really hang out or anything, they just simply worked together. 

"Might be harder to do, since he and I have never really hung out before.  But I can try."  He thought back to different interactions at the store, trying to recall if there was anything they did that they could actually talk about.

• Nina locked this topic