• Divine Right a Trinity Continuum Open World PbP
  • Something Wicked: A Teen Witch Chronical
  • Shadows of the Worlf: a Game of Personal Supernatural Horror
  • Three Leaves DnD 5E Campaign
  • Absolute Power Supers Game
  • Code of Conduct Read in Rules Above

Where Dragon's Dare!

Nina

Brarga frowned.   He moved up in support of Marida, and when there was no immediate answer when she made her offer,  he made the same offer, only in Draconic.   He didn't know if he would get a response, or how exactly he'd convince the others to help the dragon, if it chose aid.   They'd come prepared to slay a dragon but this, there was no honors of battle in killing this dragon, only the honor of releasing one so mistreated from misery.  Still he was on guard, in case this was some sort of illusion, the way the torches had lit up, if it was real, someone powerful was definitely monitoring this place.  In common he spoke to the others.  "Be on guard still, as I said before."

Yimtac approached behind Brarga, using his mind voice(Telepathy) to repeat the message in that way. He brought up his arcane armor, and kept a wary eye over the perimeter of the cave. His focus was everywhere but the dragon at the center of the room. Yimtac kept his back to Brarga's back, and watches the outer part of the room. 

Kathra gave the theatrically flaring torches a skeptical glance as she stomped forward. She had no issue with slaying a wild or dangerous beast, and her fury for the undead and other horrors could be cold and relentless. But torture, targeted abuse, and chaining and slavery was anathema to the powerfully built dwarf woman. To be sure, it could be a trick, a trap, but that didn't mean her Vow would allow Kathra not to try and free this broken creature.

"Aid first. Mercy or execution if warranted," Kathra growled. She slung her shield on her back, then pulled out a chisel from her among her smithing tools, and unslung her warhammer. She held them up unthreateningly to the wretched Dragon, though she wasn't even it could see them as she continued unflinchingly forward. "Stay yourself, Dragon, these are to break your bonds. Aye, don't make me regret it."

The dragon responded to nothing until Kathra moved toward the chains.

<Stay your hand rock-daughter

The dragons mind voice echoed through all the senses of those gathered. The impression belied what their eyes witnessed. The mind voice was proud, strong, and imposing.

<The chains are enchanted, touching them will cause me great pain and likely kill you>

The head achingly shits toward Marida, sightless eyes boring into her own, giving her the impression the blind dragon could see her in total. <Your blade will not pierce my scales dusky one, but if your aid is offered freely and your allies agree, I will answer your question>

Kathra stomped to a halt with a discomfited frown, fists planted on her hips, as she regarded the ill-looking dragon with narrowed eyes. The dwarf woman had little experience with mind-speech, her limited contact with such being with that which meant her ill. The dragon's mind-voice was far grander and more confident than its wretched appearance portended.

Kathra put the chisel away - she saw no reason why the Dragon would lie about its chains - but kept her hammer in hand, though down by her side. She gave the chains another glance to see if she could note anything about the workmanship, then gave the dragon a short, sharp nod, though still unsure if it could see it... and surreptitiously stepped to the side, so the dragon couldn't engulf them all in the terrible conflagration of its breath.

"My aid I offer freely, aye, for my part," she said with cautious cheer. "I am Kathra Caebrek, of Land's End. What may we call you, Scaled One?"

Well, it certainly had the ego a dragon was said to possess, even in it's... reduced state, Marida reflected. It irked her to see her blade so quickly dismissed. She may have not killed bigger, but she'd have given it a warrior's honest go. That was a lesser problem though to the fact someone or something had managed to bind a dragon. Someone who might object to them freeing it. She shifted her blade into both hands, dark eyes looking through the chamber before shooting a rapid fire series of question, uncertain how long they had until the fiend returned to investigate it's prisoner.

"Beside ye name and title, Elder, we need tae ken how this came tae pass. Who hexed ye intae these chains? How are they making a roaster of us by stealing ye form? Why, for root's sake? And how do we find them tae find tha key tae ye chains?" 

Brarga nodded, and had  a feeling Yimtac was monitoring his thoughts.  The red-scaled Warrior relaxed, slightly.  Trust was not easy to come by, but it did no harm to hear the dragon out.  He nodded.   "Unless you harm us, you'll know no harm from us this day."   His deep voice rumbled, and he nodded.  "We'd all like to hear how you came to be like this, and how exactly we might help you."

The dragon moved slightly, it’s chains rattled, and they moaned a bit from pain. “Hmm I am called Mathewell,” they spoke out loud their voice a low rumble, “ and it was foolish pride which led me to these chains.

First, I should instruct you on some things most do not know or understand about the Draconic race. Please stop me if this information you already know.

To begin, we are not sexless as is the assumption of most scholars, we are indeed born female and for a time our soul purpose is to procreate. But we do not do this in any manner which your kinds would recognize. Our procreative act are magical not physical though in some instances physicality may be desired by some.” 

That last part seemed to show distaste. After taking a few labored breaths Mathewell continued. “The female dragon, will roam the world once she becomes fertile, looking for an elder to fertilize her eggs. Elders are those of my race who have lain their last eggs and undergone the transformation, gaining color, intelligence and most importantly magic. At that time a dragon my change their sex from female to male or choose to be neither or even both. The physical attributes do not matter to our species only the mental from that point on.

When a young female comes within a certain range of an elder dragon, the exact range depends on the age and power of the elder, she is drawn to them. Once in proximity the magic aura of the elder will interact with the young females’ eggs and fertilize them. The female will then find a nearby place and deposit the eggs so that they may mature in the aura of the elder.”

Mathewell pauses and clears his throat again, “I don’t suppose you have some water?”

The group hurriedly helped Mathewell slake its thirst.  “Thank you. Now where was I, oh yes. That is the biology lesson. I am of course an elder, and a prideful one at that. We dragons at my age have few needs and even less wants. We sustain ourselves with magic and spend most of our time studying or just being lazy and sleeping. For this reason, we like to find nice quiet out of the way places and lair there.

Our desire for solitude is what has led to the decline in our numbers. Young females are cunning but not intelligent, they do not think. And well us elders are exceedingly intelligent and if we don’t want to be found we won’t be. Thus over the last few millennium, the elders have grown craftier at hiding and the females have had more and more trouble finding us and so many females never lay their eggs before being killed by ,… others who hunt them.

And that is where my pride comes in. I have often lamented the decline of my race, and this became known to a wizard of sinister mean. He sought me out and found me. And played to my weakness of ego, offering me a way not only help my race but to perpetuate my own identity through numerous offspring. It was such a simple idea it is beyond me that none of us had ever thought of it.

Find a secure safe place to lair once with many accessible places for a dragon to lay her eggs and instead of waiting for the female to stumble upon it send out magical lures to draw them in from afar. And of course, the wizard knew of the perfect spot.

How easy I fell for his trap he brought me here and once I entered this chamber a spell he had prepared stunned me into unconsciousness. When I awoke, I was bound. The chains prevent me from using my magic while allowing him to draw my power off to lure the females. When they come he watches them and when they lay their eggs if they are strong, he captures them and sells them into slavery, the eggs he collects and they too he sells for various purposes. But he does not sell them all. About half of each clutch he keeps for himself and holds deep in the bowls of this volcano in stasis, for what purpose I do not know.

The name he goes by is Xancholtan, and he is cruel and sadistic, as my visage can attest too. He controls the chains by means of a silver adamantium rod with a blood ruby clutched by a dragons claw at its head. He does not lair here himself but has several undead servants that roam the tunnels and monitor the dragons and they notify him through mystical means when the eggs are being laid. It is then when he appears to draw power and capture the female. That is when you must strike.”

• 2 weeks later...

"Sounds like a right twisted scooner in need of a thumping," Marida commented into the silence after the dragon finished it's tale, voice as flat as her expression, "Which way tae tha tunnels where these ghoulies are prowling?"

The dragon grunted and made the faintest pained gesture with one claw, indicating a tunnel behind the Grugach warrior. Storm-grey eyes tracked the motion. "Right. Follow if tha rest of ye want," she grunted, shifting her grip on her blade long enough to bring the hood of her cloak up and over her head, vanishing from non-magical sight. There was the faintest jingle of weapons as Marida turned on one heel and then the noise dropped as she began her stalk.

There were certain things that she was not going to abide. Time to get to Work.

Spoiler

Rolling for Stealth enroute to some Undead to smite while Invisible.

Exile_Jeane Request: [1d20+2] Roll: [17] Result: 19 Whee!

Brarga watched their newest companion leave, and looked to the dragon.   "When this is done and you are free, We'll talk again."   he knew better than to speak of payment, but a favor from a powerful dragon, even if only in the way of new knowledge, would be something worth this trial.   A part of him understood the responsibility they were taking on themselves, their plan had been to capture or kill the dragon nearby before she could reproduce, and here they were acting to free a mature dragon.  Fate could play some pretty ironic jokes.    "Let's get going."   Marida being stealthy was good, Brarga wasn't.    He'd give the others a moment to go before him if they wished, but there'd be no sneaking around with him in the lead.

Seelia, who'd actually let the dragon say its peace, for a wonder, immediately lifted off and buzzed around Marida and Brarga.

"Yes! Time to get going! We have foolish wicked wizards to slay! Only...I must ask what the plan is! Surely we must have a fiendishly clever subterfuge by which to subter the mage into our clutches for fuging!"

Then she whirled to point at Mathewell and added, "And once you're free, you behave yourself! Just because we free you on our honor as knights doesn't mean we'll let you be a villainous dragon as well!"

...and then back to the party.

"Really though, you guys seem like you have an idea. What is it?! Let me in on it! I really wanna PUMMEL this mage!"

"Nothing so light as a thumping or a pummelling or a ... 'fuging', Sir Seelia," Kathra growled. "We smash the restless dead 'til the wizard shows up. Less one of you arcane lot can figure out how his servants alert him and can do so in their stead." She nodded at the faerie and Yimtac. "Then we slay the wizard and use his rod to free the dragon. No foul slaver to deal with or risk escaping."

There was obvious anger in the big dwarf woman's voice. She'd lost her home to the Dead King and his endless hordes of restless dead. And if she couldn't deal with the Dead King - yet - she was more than willing, enthusiastic even, to fell this Xancholtan and his presumably far more limited horde of undead to end his trade in dragon eggs and whatever other scheme he is using the ones he doesn't sell for.

"Let us being on our way. My enmity for Xancholtan grows by the minute, and its thirst needs to be slaked."

Shield and hammer in hand, Kathra followed after the hidden grugach. No sneak she, let the restless dead come to her, so she need not seek them out!

• 2 weeks later...

Through the tunnels the intrepid group go, twisting though corridor after corridor, the dragon's thoughts directing them when the come to a choice to be made as to which direction to follow. In time, what seemed like hours the came to a cross tunnel and pulled up short.

There in the center of the intersection stood a ghastly sight an armed and armored skeleton, larger than a man and with four arms each holding a wicked axe.

Spoiler

the phosphorescence from the walls while not bright gives enough light to see by negating the need for torches. all of you can see the skeleton in the intersection but you halt far enough away that it has not seen you, it appears to be alone but a couple of you can see down the tunnel beyond the intersection and can see that there is another about 20 feet from the intersection this one has a crossbow in its hands as well as axes on its belt.

you have surprise this round but should roll initiative to see which order you all go in. post them in combat arena on discord.

On seeing the massive skeleton, Seelia was brought up short. She frowned thoughtfully, then fluttered down to the ground, where her bizarre animated doll trundled along gamely, a green lensed monocle fit over the spot a glassy black bead-eye should have been...the only garment it wore over its burlap exterior other than the eponymous pants...a pair of sturdily made wool trousers that were fraying slightly on the hems.

"Okay, Mr. Pants. It's your turn. This is where you show the world your mettle! I shall light your way...to glory!"

She rose up again, and her wings flared with light! A surge of glowing particles flowed out from her and whirled crazily down the hallway to burst over where the skeleton was standing vigil. Unfortunately though, the 'dust' did not seem to stick very well to its old bones. Seelia didn't let that deter her though as she cried, "Go, Mr Pants! Show this abomination the meaning of fear! SHOW HIM THE POWER OF PANTS!!"

The doll...itself no bigger than Seelia...didn't hesitate. It simply ran at the skeleton, windmilling its tiny arms! Gathering speed as it went, Mr Pants slammed into the skeleton's shin with...frankly rather astonishing force for its size and weight. A resounding CRACK rebounded up the corridor, and a sharp eye would notice a little bit of a fracture in that leg!

(Seelia casts faerie fire, but the skeleton saves. Mr Pants moves in to attack, hitting with a roll of 18 (with advantage) and doing 7 bludgeoning damage, which is 14 after vulnerability!)

For reference: The Stats of Pants

Spoiler

MISTER PANTS
Tiny Servant
Tiny Construct
Armor Class: 15 (natural armor)
Hit Points: 10 (4d4)
Speed: 30ft., climb 30 ft.
STR     DEX     CON     INT     WIS     CHA
4 (-3)     16 (+3) 10 (0)     2 (-4)     10 (+0) 1 (-5)
Damage Immunities poison, psychic
Condition Immunities: blinded, charmed, deafened, exhaustion, frightened, paralyzed, petrified, poisoned
Senses: blindsight 60 ft. (blind beyond this radius), passive Perception 10
Languages: —
Challenge: —
Actions
Slam. Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 5 (1d4 + 3) bludgeoning damage.

Edited by SalmonMax

Spoiler

'Ere we go; 'ere we go!

Anyway, still invisible so that bestows advantage on Marida, iirc. 

Bonus Action: Rage, which bestows Large on Marida.

Move 20 feet to reach first skellie and swinging twice with her (very) greatsword in passing 2x...

Swing 1...

Exile_Jeane Request: [1d20+7] Roll: [1] Result: 8

Exile_Jeane Request: [1d20+7] Roll: [2] Result: 9

Well. Whiff. Swing Two!

Exile_Jeane Request: [1d20+7] Roll: [5] Result: 12

Exile_Jeane Request: [1d20+7] Roll: [8] Result: 15

Hit! Barely, but a hit. Rolling damage...

Exile_Jeane Request: [2d6+6] Roll: [6, 2] Result: 14 

14 Slashing to the first skellie, and then use Mobile feat to continue towards the second skellie.

whee! 

There was faintest chuckle from the empty air at Mr. Pants' charge, and then the pounding of booted feet that became the pounding charge of a hunched giantess yelling a contralto battlecry of focused rage. A sudden thud as the cramped walls of the tunnel rang to a thunderous strike that scoured a cut into the stonework. And then again from behind the undead abomination as the Grugach source of the strike danced around it, narrowly avoiding crushing the tiny golem.

Crack! 

There was the faintest shimmer of the now-hulking Marida's outline, blade hacking into the abomination's ribs with a splinter of steel through old bone. And then she whirled, leaning forward into a charge towards the second, invisible to sight, but all too obvious to sound, a wind of very distracting oncoming destruction. Not an ideal environment for her fighting style, but room enough for her to vent some anger, and, in perfect honesty, show off what she could do to earn her share of whatever loot was to be won from this adventure.  

Brarga moved in quickly, at least for him considering he was clad in heavier armor than the others, and brought his axes down in crossing slashes, following behind the blow Marida landed before moving on to engage the other skeleton.   

His slashes only met air, he'd been cautious, trying to avoid hitting Marida, a danger of engaging the same foe in close combat like this, and pivot on his foot to the left, coming around with his axes again, missing the first slash, but the second made it past the skeleton's defense, and he heard the crunch as reanimated bone met steel.   Still, it was a poor showing for him, and he knew it.  

Spoiler

Attack 1 miss
Shameless Request: [1d20+8] Roll: [5] Result: 13

Bonus attack 1 miss
Shameless Request: [1d20+8] Roll: [6] Result: 14

Attack 2 miss
Shameless Request: [1d20+8] Roll: [2] Result: 10

Bonus Attack 2
Shameless Request: [1d20+8] Roll: [9] Result: 17

Damage
Shameless Request: [1d8+5] Roll: [1] Result: 6

The tunnel was too tight for Kathra to forge ahead to join Seelia's minion and Brarga in engaging with the animated skeleton. But her Vow provided her the means to clash with the restless dead. She raised her shield and intoned a word. The big dwarf woman was limned with silvery mist for a moment, then vanished. 

Kathra coalesced to the left of the tall, four-armed skeleton, flanking it with the axe-wielding, her rune-carved hammer already swinging. The heavy head smashed into the skeleton's hips, crushing them into powder, the upper body tumbling to the ground with a clatter. Kathra gave the heap of bones a satisfied nod, lips curling in a snarl, then stomped towards the next armed skeleton with workmanlike determination, her dark teal, fine chainmesh scarf swishing behind her.

One nail hammered down, then the next.

Spoiler

Bonus Action: Cast Misty Step

Action: Attack
Asarasa Request: [1d20+8] Rolls:
[5] Result: 13
[7] Result: 15

Damage: 
Asarasa Request: [1d8+5] Roll: [2] Result: 7 doubled to 14 due to Bludgeoning Vulnerability

Skeleton downed by total damage

Move Action: Continue moving towards the next skeleton in the wake of the invisible giant Marida

Cloak of Displacement: Attacks against Kathra have Disadvantage until she takes damage, then the effect is suppressed until the start of her next turn.

Yimtac, with a grim look upon his face, watched as the rest of the team took down the first giant skeleton with 4 arms without much trouble. However, his sights were set on the second skeleton, the one with the crossbow. He strode forward, his eyes never leaving the skeleton, while muttering magical incantations. With his last stride, Yimtac raised his arm to point directly at the skeleton, and from his outstretched hand a small bolt of fire shot. The firebolt soared through the air and struck the skeleton straight in the rib cage, charring the bones there. 

Spoiler

Dice MaidenBOTToday at 8:53 PM

Dozer Request: [1d20+8] Roll: [15] Result: 23

Dice MaidenBOTToday at 8:54 PM

Dozer Request: [2d10] Roll: [10, 6] Result: 16

The sentry skeleton barley registered the danger before its bones were smashed and it collapsed, noisily, to the floor.

Brarga stared across the shattered remains at Kathra and grined then he looked over her shoulder. At the same time Kathra had looked past Brarga and both saw the Skeleton’s down the respective tunnels point crossbows…

The sharp twang of steel bow strings and the whistle of razor sharp bolts slicing through the air filled the tunnels as all three of the remaining Skeletons fired their crossbows, two each, at the visible intruders.

Two bolts slam into Brarga! One just below his right shoulder blade and the other buries itself deep into the small of his back!

Kathra is hit by four of the deadly missiles, however her dwarven armor deflects three of them while the fourth catches her at the weak-point where her left arm and shoulder meet!

As soon as the bolts are loosed the skeletons drop the bows and draw wicked axes, one in each hand!

Spoiler

Brarga is hit twice one of the hits is a critical he takes 14 points of damage. Kathra is hit four times but only one penetrates her armor she take 9 hitpoints of damage.

we are now in the second round.

"Don't worry little buddy!" Seelia bugles as she whirs down through the air to alight behind Mr Pants. "I won't overshadow you! This is YOUR fight! YOUR CHANCE TO SHINE!"

"SHINE, MISTER PANTS! SHIIIIIIIIIIINE!"

Magic blossomed around Seelia, poofing like a thin golden fog that engulfed the doll...and Mister Pants began to grow. He swelled, up and out, until from being a little smaller than Seelia, he became as big as a full grown halfling! Still moving in that vaguely horrifying shuffle-jerk movement, but now way creepier because he looked actually kind of...dangerous now.

The augmented Mr. Pants rushed to the next skeleton and swung his arms around. Now he came up to the pelvis of the undead creatures, and used that expanded range to his advantage! There was a SMACK sound, and the skeleton was knocked sideways a step from the impact!

Seela whoops and brandishes her sword over her head! "YEAH! GO GET 'EM!"

Spoiler

Seelia casts Enlarge on Mr Pants, making him Small instead of Tiny. He then attacks the next skeleton in melee, rolling an 18 to do 5 bludgeoning damage, 10 after vulnerability.

Spoiler

Heavy Armor Mastery reduces damage to 6 [61/67]
Cloak of Displacement resets. Opponents have Disadvantage when attacking Kathra until she is damaged

Kathra grunted with fierce laughter as the Feyknight's muppet minion grew and charged down the tunnel. The arrow in her shoulder hurt, but it wasn't critical, nor could she reach it at the moment to dislodge it.

The burly dwarf maiden pointed beyond Brarga at the skeleton behind him with her hammer. "I'll get yours and youl get mine!"

Without waiting to see if the big Dragonborn agreed, she charged passed him, shield before her and hammer held high. She intoned another word, and her hatred of the undead focused even more tightly on the multiarmed, axe-wielding Skeleton ahead of her. The giant skeleton warrior flashed its four axes and Kathra flinched, her first blow falling short.

But then she brought her hammer up on the backswing, and the solid head flashed with radiance as she smote the restless dead with the power of her Vow, smashing it under the jaw with a roar.

Spoiler

Bonus Action: Cast Hunter's Mark on the Skeleton

Move Action: Move past Brarga to engage the Skeleton down the tunnel behind him

Action: Attack
Asarasa Request: [1d20+8] Roll: [6] Result: 14 - Miss!

Asarasa Request: [1d20+8] Roll: [8] Result: 16 - Hit!

Use a first level spell slot for Divine Smite - adds 3d8 Radiant damage against Undead
Hunter's Mark add 1d6 weapon damage to the Marked target

Damage

Asarasa Request: [1d8+1d6+5] Roll: [2][2] Result: 9 = 18 bludgeoning damage to the Undead. (Well, that's a shitty roll)
Smite Damage: [3d8] Roll: [5, 4, 1] Result: 10 Radiant damage

Total damage to Target; 28 damage (unless it also happens to be vulnerable to Radiant Damage, in which case, it's 38 damage)

Spell Slots: 1st 2/4, 2nd 1/2
HP: 61/67

AC: 20 (currently attacks against her have Disadvantage)

Edited by Asarasa

Brarga nodded, grunting in pain from the arrow that was lower in his back, but once this was done there'd be time to see to that.   There were still foes to slay, and he moved to engage the one that had shot at Kathra.  His swings were those of a warrior long acquainted with the axe, and practiced in using two of them at once.  His first slash shattered bone, though his second missed.   He didn't pivot this time, instead he simply slashed again with his twin axes, both slashes connecting in telling blows.

Spoiler

Shameless Request: [1d20+8] Roll: [19] Result: 27 hit

Shameless Request: [1d20+8] Roll: [5] Result: 13 miss

Shameless Request: [1d20+8] Roll: [8] Result: 16 hit

Shameless Request: [1d20+8] Roll: [14] Result: 22 hit

Shameless Request: [1d8+5] Roll: [8] Result: 13 damage

Shameless Request: [1d8+5] Roll: [4] Result: 9 damage

Shameless Request: [1d8+5] Roll: [1] Result: 6 damafe

28 damage to the Skeleton

The skeletons revel no thoughts as to the directness of the attacks they face, betray no signs o pain or discomfort to the blows they receive they simply engage which ever foe they face and silently attack! Arms swing four each, axes swish blades clash as the heroes parry and dodge but still the skeletons cause some wounds.

Brarga takes a cut across his thigh which oozes blood and Mr Pants has its shoulder opened spewing straw and sawdust!

Brarga feels a sharp pain in his back as he backs away from his opponent followed by a soothing sensation and renewed strength flowing into his arms With a glance back he sees Renn behind him the tell tell glow of magic fading from her hand and the bloody bolt that had been in his back in her other hand!

Spoiler

Brarga takes 6 points of damage to his leg but is healed by Renn for 13 points. Mr Pants take 7 damage.

Spoiler

Free action: Swap to her Maul.

Move up and hammer time the skellie dueling Mr. Pants with Advantage thanks to Invisibility...

Exile_Jeane Request: [1d20+7] Roll: [2] Result: 9

Exile_Jeane Request: [1d20+7] Roll: [8] Result: 15

And that's a hit... Rolling Damage...

Exile_Jeane Request: [2d6+6] Roll: [6, 6] Result: 18 Doubled to 36 thanks to vulnerability.

Second swing, Just in Case...

Exile_Jeane Request: [1d20+7] Roll: [3] Result: 10

Exile_Jeane Request: [1d20+7] Roll: [19] Result: 26

And another hit...

Exile_Jeane Request: [2d6+6] Roll: [5, 4] Result: 15 Doubled to 30 thanks to vulnerability.

I think he's dead, lol.

There was a clang as Marida dropped her sword, the eight-foot-long blade contracting to a more mundane 4 foot span as the grip of the Grugach's magic left it. A faint clatter of deadly instruments marked Marida choosing another implement of destruction from among her collection. There was a faint whoosh of air and blunt trauma had it's way with the undead abomination dueling the courageous Mr. Pants.

On the verge of destruction from that first hit, the thing barely had had the chance to bring up it's remaining two limbs up to guard before a second hammer blow obliterated it's skull and upper torso in an impact that cratered the wall behind it. The resulting spray of rock dust haloed a hulking female outline before thundering footfalls announced Marida's charge back in the direction of the other duels.

Grugach barbarians raged in silence for the most part, their violence expressing their rage better than any number of oaths. The creator of these... Things, torturer of beasts and deceiver he was, needed to die, and this conflict was her warmup after weeks of stalking. 

Yimtac grinned at the devastation caused by the rest of his party. 'This is why I love being in a good party,' Yimtac mused while beginning to channel his energy towards his fingertips. With a release of this energy and a few carefully chosen words in a language few understood a pair of purple bolts of energy streaked out and struck the skeleton being attacked by Kathra unerringly. He smiled a toothy grin as the bolts struck true doing a bit of damage to the skeleton. 

Spoiler

Casting Magic Missile as a second level slot.

Dice MaidenBOTToday at 11:42 PM

Dozer Request: [1d4+1]
Rolls:
[3] Result: 4
[2] Result: 3

Total damage 7 force damage.
1 2nd level slot avail. 4 1st level.

• Nina locked this topic