• Divine Right a Trinity Continuum Open World PbP
  • Something Wicked: A Teen Witch Chronical
  • Shadows of the Worlf: a Game of Personal Supernatural Horror
  • Three Leaves DnD 5E Campaign
  • Absolute Power Supers Game
  • Code of Conduct Read in Rules Above

Issue 1: Pressure

Shameless

Wrapped in light, invisible to the eye, Kitsune watched the warlike atlanteans make their way out of the waves and haul themselves onto land. Most of the ones that survived her teammates' efforts were unarmed, but no less dangerous to the fleeing civilians for that. Maybe there was a way to shake things up a bit. Keep them off balance...set them up for the others to finish off and distract them from the civilians in the process!

She concentrated, and seconds later the atlanteans found themselves surrounded by a platoon of soldiers in advanced body armor that encased them completely in metal tones of green and grey camouflage, wielding some kind of energy rifle. They came running up from behind a ridgeline, or emerged from concealed locations all around and leveled their weapons. A voice, tinny as if through a loudspeaker, blared, "STAND DOWN OR WE WILL OPEN FIRE!!"

There was a pregnant pause...and one of the atlanteans yanked something off of the harness he was wearing and hurled it at the 'officer' who seemed to be speaking. Kitsune could only watch as the thrown projectile passed right through him, cursing under her breath. The invaders regrouped and continued on their way, completely ignoring the shadowy soldiers...something she very much intended to punish them for doing...

After Hyper's stunning display of speed left most of the atlanteans unarmed, the remaining six split their fire, aiming at her and at Tempest.  The two heroes were easily able to evade the incoming fire, while the disarmed atlanteans dogpiled on Springboard, beating on him with savage kicks and and punches, that did little if any damage. Two did move up the beach, pursuing after the fleeing civilians, and those who were still in the water began panicking as the fins drew closer to them, calling out for help.

Tempest, trusting in his teammates, moved out over the water, and mindful of the swimmers, eschewed the lightning bolts he was known to favor and again called up shards of ice, though these were different.  He hurled them towards two of the circling fins, and they struck,  not freezing the water and target, but actually stabbing into them.  The wounded sharks began to bleed, and the others left their circling of the panicked civilians to attack the now bleeding sharks.  "Quickly, Swim away from the Sharks!"   Already he was calling up a wind to make awave to help separate them from the carnage of a shark feeding frenzy. 

The illusionary soldiers Kitsune created were deemed no threat and largely ignored by the Atlanteans, Tempest had a feeling that Kitsune wasn't going to take that laying down, and trusted in the three of them to protect the civilians on land.

Spoiler

Round 2, there are 18 atlanteans, and 4 sharks.   6 Atlanteans have their weapons.

Edited by Shameless

Springboard chuckled to himself as the Atlantean attackers did minimal damage, but his bulky form seemed to increase in size with each hit. His muscles rippled with their new enhancement, and he then shrugged off the Atlanteans and freed his arms. He brought his hands together quickly and with great strength, causing a thunderclap. The power of the thunderclap was far greater than it should have been even given his recently enhanced phyisique, but it also seemed to catch Springboard by surprise as well. His ears were also some of those that were rung like a bell. 

Spoiler

Dividing up all enhancement points first. 

35 points generated - 16 to Superstrength(to 5), 7 points to weapon(Thunderclap[To 10], 6 points to Weapon(Jumping Knee[to 9]), 2 points to Toughness[To 6], 4 points to Jumping[to 7]. 

Attacking with Thunderclap(area 1): Attack: 9(crit fail[Fumble of 5)

Major obstacle to defense rolls til next round. 

HYPER let Kitsune and Springboard take care of the land bound Atlanteans and instead zoomed out at hyperspeed running atop the water to pluck the swimming civilians from the water and carry them back to shore where she deposited, one after the other.

"Get 'em, boys!" shouted the illusory soldiers. They leveled their energy rifles, and fired!

Bright lines of light speared out, playing over the rocks and earth. One of the laser beams struck an Atlantean squarely...and there was the sudden smell of cooking flesh as a deep wound was scored!

Still invisible, Kitsune smirked under her mask. Controlling light all around her meant that she could make attacks originate from any point; even an illusion.

Turn your back on THAT.

Suddenly it was impossible to tell which of those 'energy blasts' was real, and which was deadly dangerous! Were all the soldiers fake? Were some real? What was going on?!

Spoiler

(15 to hit, doing 55 damage if it does; if not I'll revise narration 🙂 )

Working together, the quartet of heroes quickly made short work of the remaining Atlanteans.  They couldn't know where the next laser blast would come from and any time the Atlanteans got reset for a coordinated effort, Springboard's new ability and physical prowess sent them sprawling.   Meanwhile Hyper was utilizing her speed well to pull the swimmers from the water as Tempest focused instead on policing the sharks, which was made easy by the water being quite clear aside from the blood from the frenzy.   Soon all the sharks were slain as well.

With all the civilians saved, and no casualties, the portal out of the Arena opened.   When they emerged, Mainframe grinned slightly.  "Ok, so next time, I know to at least put you up to level Seven.   That was good, and there were few mistakes.  I'll have the footage for the archive, and you can all view it whenever you want."

Tempest nodded,  "Thanks, Mainframe, now, we have some other questions for you, something I know you excel at."   The praise went a fair way, and the older Hero nodded.  "I thought you might.   He called ahead.   I took the liberty of preparing a drive for this, it should have most of the pertinent information.   It's hard-coded so that it will only run on the computers here on the station, for security reasons of course."

"Of course."  Tempest took it, and nodded.   

"Any other information you'd like to request?"

Spoiler

ask for any info you'd like that goes beyond home locations, and information regarding the abilities of the missing

• 2 weeks later...

When  no one had  anything further to ask, they left, heading to another private meeting room.  There they reviewed the complete list of the missing heroes.   Surprisingly there were heroes near each of their home locations, which they shared.

"Okay, so we can check out the top four leads together, or we can go independently."  Tempest said quietly.  "I say we go together, if only because we don't know what we'll find."

When no one had anything to say against that, they agreed, and made their way to the hangarbay.   Tempest looked to the others.  "Who wants to drive?"

Hyper didn't say anything but slid into the pilot's seat, and went through the checks as the others took their own seats.  She'd been wanting to fly one  for some time, after all.   The re-entry and flight down to Santa Cruz was uneventful.   Tempest was somewhat surprised, but then he figured Hyper was just taking it easy the first time out.   Thanks to the Chameleon Circuit, no one saw the shuttle land in a small clearing in the Lighthouse Field State Beach, a park and beach near the coast.   The park itself was about to close, and there were trees obscuring them from view. "Aquamarine lives in the apartment complex across the street.   I know where here spare key is, so we can get in easy enough.   Now, to not raise alarm, We're going in as civilians, anyone got issues with that?"  It would of course mean revealing their idenities to each other, for those who didn't already know.  Springboard had already done so, and given her powers, he knew Kitsune could likely disguise herself as anyone she wanted.

*HYPER* glanced back at Tempest as she shut down the shuttle. "You know me and my team have worked awfully hard to keep HYPER's identity a secret. We're liable to get rather cranky if it gets blown on a simple reconnaissance job,' she said frowning.

Tempest nodded.  "Well you're fast enough, if We go out to it, and open the door, you can probably make it there before anyone really notices."   He knew she didn't move at light speed, but fast enough that most wouldn't notice.  He looked to Kitsune.  "You have similar issues?  I know you can just go invisible if you want."

"I can also whip something up for Hyper if she wants," Kitsune offered. "As for me, I can go in visible, or not, or make us all look like Mormon missionaries, or whatever we want. Just say the word."

She looked at Hyper. "Who do you wanna be? I'm thinking...something punk rock? Or maybe, like a B list celebrity?"

Springboard pressed a button on a watch that had been previously unnoticed on his wrist. In a flash of light, his helmet and his costume disappeared, and in it's place was a custom tailored three piece suit. The suit, which was a light gray in color was made of linen and thus very light feeling. His shirt was unbuttoned at the neck, and you could see a simple silver chain around his neck. He opened his eyes once the light faded, and he smiled, "Whenever you are ready, we can go." He took off his jacket, and laid it over his seat on the craft. He proceeded to head towards the exit hatch, only hesitating once he got there, waiting for the others.

Tempest nodded, taking everything into account, and asked Kitsune to give Hyper and himself a holographic makeover.  None of them looked like their normal selves, and after abit of joking around, Kitsune gave them simple regular attire.  The four of them all made their way to Aquamarine's apartment, and Tempest produced the key, opening the door.

The first thing that struck everyone was the antiseptic smell, like a hospital almost.  After they were inside, Tempest frowned.  "I can tell she's not been here, she hates how hospitals smell.  A warm ocean breeze was her favorite."   He moved through the apartment, which was surprisingly large.  Clearly he had been here before.   A quick glance revealed that his statement was true, she had several candles throughout the house, all various shades of blue, with some sort of ocean theme to the scent.

Spoiler

everyone make a perception/investigatiion check (mind+ relevant skill) to detect any irregularities.

Doug winced at the hospital stench as he looked around. "They must have used some sort of sanitizer to clean up after themselves. It's gonna make it hard to find any clues." His travels took him to the kitchen area, where he looked into pantry, and then the refrigerator, to try to determine a bit of a timeline for the last time Aquamarine was active in this apartment. 

Spoiler
  1. DozerToday at 4:24 PM

!roll 2d6+5

2. fd60cdea18a4428eb6a2fa911f033c89.webp?si

Dice MaidenBOTToday at 4:24 PM

Dozer Roll: [3, 3] Result: 11

Kitsune strolled into the apartment, humming under her breath. For a second she glanced around...then she held a hand up, making a bowl out of her fingers. In the air just over that hand's palm formed a light colored a violent collision of blue and violet that was very unpleasant to look at directly. It cast a harsh illumination over the carpet, walls and ceiling where Kitsune was standing. With this garish light source she began touring the apartment rather thoroughly, starting with the bedrooms.

However, it wasn't until she stepped into the bathroom that everyone heard her vocalize, "Oh. Oh ugh. Wait a second."

Anyone looking in would see what she was reacting to. Splotches of color along the tiles of the bathroom floor, and even a few along the walls. Bright, shining islands of purple that beamed out of the much darker indigo shade her light cast on every surface around her. Kitsune turned down the intensity of her UV light so she could get a better look at one of the splotches. A moment later she was scraping a sort of residue off the wall. A fine white powdery residue.

"Hey guys? There's patches of...I'm going to say salt in the bathroom. It looks like there was a lot of salt water in here, and it kinda went all over the place, and then dried up. Leaving these little salty bits behind. Funny."

Spoiler

Rolled a 19 on my percept/investigate!

Edited by SalmonMax

Tempest scowled as he heard Kitsune's report.   "So she took her water form, and was attacked."   It wasn't blood, but so it wouldn't have told anyone anything who didn't know her, and he moved into the kitchen, coming with a small knife and a glass jar and top, along with a knife.   "Her water form is mostly comprised of Sea water, hence the salt.  She can be slashed, but there won't be blood only Salt water, however it leaves behind a little of her DNA in the Salt, if it was an injury.  We'll take a sample and can head back up to the Station to have them analyzed."

When he sensed that the others were waiting for an explanation, he sighed.   "A year ago we were working together, and she got mind-controlled by Psych.  I had to fight her.   I learned the only way to really harm her in her water form was to hit her with something utilizing or coated in electricity."  Hit her hard enough with a big shock and she'll go back solid."

He didn't like the memory, because his attack had given her the only scar she had, but it had also stopped her from going on a rampage.

"There's no sign of struggle,  only the odd smell, and now this.   Whoever is responsible didn't know her, but they did know exactly how to take her down.  That is alarming."  He was trying to think of anything else that could be done, that they could look for, any sort of clue.

That was when all of their ID cards chirped, loudly. It was an Emergency Call.

When they pulled their cards out, they saw the small hologram of Mainframe.   "There's a supervillain attack in San Francisco.   I know that you're on another mission, but you are the closest team.   Rosette is on-site, but this is beyond her ability to handle alone.  I need you to proceed at once and render aid."

Tempest nodded.  San Francisco was his hometown.  "We're on our way.   We found something here, and will bring it up to have it analyzed once we help handle things in San Francisco."

He looked to the others.  "Back to the shuttle."

----------------------------------------------------

San Francisco

It was a fairly normal day,  like any other in Sunny California.   Charlotte Daunt was enjoying her lunch.   She had the tv on, nothing in particular, just as background noise, when a Breaking news emergency broadcast came on.   Almost at the same instant, her Guardians ID card came to life, chirping insistently.   A message from Mainframe quickly informed her of the attack on Blackstone Technologies, and asked her to head there and do what she could to resolve the incident, along with a promise of incoming reinforcements.

"You don't have to win by yourself.  Focus on stalling, buy every second of time you can.   I know you can do this."  Mainframe had said, his voice ringing with confidence and surety.

---------------------------------------------------

Blackstone Technologies

"Make sure you grab all of it."  The digitized bass rumble that was Steel Sovreign's voice called out.   Around him dozens of men in light power armor were emptying the contents of dozens of lockers and vaults at Blackstone Technologies' lab on the inner coast of San Francisco.  Blackstone had been working on alien tech, a new type of energy shield generator, among other things, and once he'd gotten wind of it, he had to have it.  With the Guardians numbers reduced due to their other activities, information that had cost him a fair sum from his informant, now was definitely the time to strike.

He had a half dozen airborne drones feeding him information from outside, keeping tabs in case any heroes showed up.   The local police had already made their appearance, and were clearing out the area, as was normal.  It was fine, he wasn't one to take hostages, that always put the heroes on edge.

His own suit of armor was extremely advanced, but technology was always marching forward.   It was stronger than last time, and he knew He could handle Tempest, one of the city's primary defenders.   At this point he'd already expected him to show but he hadn't.   "What's keeping him, he's always so punctual, normally."

Of course, he wanted to take down a hero, but if they were really going to let him get away with this without a response, well, that would also suit his needs as well.

r

*HYPER* glanced out the living room window of the apartment to where the invisible shuttle was, "Tempest, can you fly the shuttle? Rosette is by herself and I can get there a lot faster than the bird can."

*San Francisco*

Fragments of an embryonic poppy tune died an unmourned death at Mainframe's word, Charlotte subtly tensing. She knew enough about Blackstone Technology to know that some of it's more esoteric projects getting into the wrong hands was a Bad Thing. And with so few Guardians on world, that might inspire some of the worse players of the game to try their hand at a little discount shopping. Okay.

"Understood," the reincarnating redhead said out loud, "On my way."

She took a few quick steps out of line of sight from her apartment windows and extended one hand, grabbing an object both there not-there at the same time. Crimson light bloomed like a heartbeat of spring, crystalizing into petals of solid light that littered the floor before evaporating, shards of her crysalis. Gone was the 5'6 form of singer-songwriter Charlotte Daunt and arose the 6'2 amazonian frame of superhero Rosette. Comfy lounging clothes traded for a striking red-and-black battle skirt ensemble. Power, magic, and certainty singing through her veins, she resisted the urge to spin the five-foot long weapon in her hands and strike a pose. She loved this, a contralto laugh dancing in her golden eyes as she banished the fear that today might be (another) day to die to the invisible, unreal future, an impediment to actual success she would achieve if she kept her head and picked her battles. This didn't need to be a crusade, not today.

A slash and another crimson burst of light and Rosette danced through from the world of Is to a world of the Is-Not, the iris closing behind her.

Sculpted in soft gradients that refused to fix in the mind, the Blind Eternities was a sketch of the Earth she'd left behind, her immediate surroundings an artist's concept of her apartment. Everything glowed gently from within, hard black-and-white fractal patterns scattering over everything like a mold contrasting with the pleasant smell of happy memories. Rosette relaxed, smiling at the aftermath of a Possibility Storm. She sprang into motion, cloak snapping behind her and booted feet chewing ground, vaulting onto the echo of her balcony and into free space before abruptly vanishing in a burst of red. 

The reincarnating redhead reappeared on the roof across the empty street below, trailing petals of light. She was the only living thing moving through the dream of her city beneath a technicolor sky, cheating her way mock-parkour style towards the shadow of Blackstone Technology in 300-foot spurts. Here. There. Here. There. Up. Down. Falling to Rising. Rising to Fall. A smile danced in her eyes after passing over Macarthur Station, spotting the remanent of a Fracture, seeming more real than everything around it. Nearly gone. Nearly healed. Good. One less thing to worry about.

She pulled into cover behind an air conditioning unit blooming with fractal copies of itself, a mere few hundred feet and an infinity from her destination. Showtime. A slash and a burst of red light and she darted through into sunlight again. Rift closing behind her, she slammed her back against the air conditioning uniting, inhaling deeply, gripping her scythe in both hands, blade down. She looked out, golden eyes hungry for details, an opening. There. A window. An armored silhouette that did not fit what she knew of Blackstone's private security teams. That'd do. She crossed from Here to There in a less than a blink, behind the man, filling the office with her trademark evaporating petals.

Proximity gave her an abundance of clues that distance had not, and Rosette smiled like the rising sun, scythe at the ready, looking ever-so-slightly down at the man. An old foe. Or at least one of his flunkies. She could handle distracting. Someday she'd learn how teleport behind people and knock theme before they could respond, but that was not yet. “How copacetic,” she chortled, the unusual word automatically turning on her earpiece communicator to broadcast on Mainframe's monitoring channel, “Did Steel Sovereign miss me?”

Tempest looked at his team, he didn’t like the idea of splitting it this early, but HYPER was right, Rosette was all alone. “Yes I can fly it, go and backup Rosette, we will get there as soon as we can.”

“Right, on my way, don’t dawdle.” HYPER opened the front door, stepped out and vanished with a burst of wind. She didn’t hit the speed of sound until she was clear of most of the buildings in town. Anyone who saw her would just see a streak of color and once she accelerated to hyper-speed even that would become indiscernible.

At Hyper-speed she moved so fast that the distance from Santa Cruz to San Francisco would be covered in about fifteen seconds. Some who wondered about such things, wondered how at that speed could she see where she was or how could she maneuver to keep from running into cars, buildings, trees, everything.

The fact was, at Hyper-speed, it was, to Kelly Kirk, the world around her that slowed to a near stop not that she sped up. Her power accelerated everything, her thought processes, her perceptions, reflexes, it was as if she were running at a normal speed for her. At Hyper-speed she could run through LA Traffic at rush hour, weaving in and out passing the cars and trucks that to her appeared to be standing still. And due to the force bubble produced by her speed force, which channeled and lessened the outside effects of her hyper movement, her passage would go virtually unnoticed, the only time there was a true disturbance was when she initially breaks the sound barrier, and the Hyper-speed power activates.

*HYPER* knew the route well, having flown for years in the skies above the state, the highways and cites were well memorized so the route to the City by the Bay was easy to run and took about fifteen seconds from the time she left the apartment in Santa Cruz to her stopping at the edge of the city of San Francisco where she consulted her smart watch to map a route into the city to the Blackstone address. A few seconds later she was standing on a corner across from the blocky six story building looking for signs of Rosette or trouble.

Tempest quickly took a seat at the controls of the shuttle, and once they were ready, and the sample secured, he took off and head back for San Francisco, going supersonic once they were at a safe altitude.   It wouldn't be a long trip, but still he was concerned about his fellow guardians.

----------------------------------------------

From Hyper's vantage point, she could see at least two of the armored assailants in a window.  The police hadn't tried to take them out and they weren't actively menacing anyone, They looked if anything to simply be lookouts.   Just as she got there, she saw Rosette appear behind the assailant in the upper window, while the one on the ground floor was oblivious, and heard her begin to engage.   Her voice identified who they were facing here, the Steel Sovreign, and his flunkies.

The police had largely evacuated everyone, and one of the officers had noticed Hyper's appearance, and was starting her way, when suddenly the assailant in the lobby brought up a high-tech looking rifle, clearly aiming at the officer who'd crossed into the no man's land beyond the temporary barricades.   He seemed to also be speaking into a radio.

-------------------------------------------

"Sovreign we have confirmed enemy contact,  guardian Rosette on scene!'  the member of the Steel Legion said even as he began raising his gun into line with Rosette.

----------------------------------------

In the Vault, Steel Sovreign sighed.  "Fine, I'll take them."   He looked to those who were still crating up the goods, and computers.  "Two minutes, and I want it all gone.  Use the tunnel, rendevous at point Echo Five.  Squads five and six, you're on me, we're going to go officially welcome our guests."  The other guard had warned of the cop crossing into the no man's land, and been given permission to fire.   If nothing else, the Sovreign knew this would draw out any other guardians lurking nearby.

"Really, the send the flower girl to fight me.   I'm a little insulted by that."

31 minutes ago, The Chronicler said:

"Sovreign we have confirmed enemy contact,  guardian Rosette on scene!'  the member of the Steel Legion said even as he began raising his gun into line with Rosette.

Up and around flashed the blade of the metal scythe, meeting the barrel of the rifle and throwing both weapons out of direct hits. Scythe to sing past his armored head: rifle to discharge over Rosette's shoulder in a bang that only augmented biology kept from deafening the reincarnating red head. Taking out this sentry would have been nice, but she'd live with it. She *was* the distraction.

"Nice form," she complimented, shifting to bring her weapon back for another swing, "Your boss bring in someone competent to train you after last thrashing?" 

Spoiler

Rolling to Hit

!roll 2d6+10

Exile_Jeane Roll: [3, 1] Result: 14

Swing and a Miss. 😄

On 7/15/2022 at 2:39 PM, The Chronicler said:

The police had largely evacuated everyone, and one of the officers had noticed Hyper's appearance, and was starting her way, when suddenly the assailant in the lobby brought up a high-tech looking rifle, clearly aiming at the officer who'd crossed into the no man's land beyond the temporary barricades.   He seemed to also be speaking into a radio.

*HYPER* didn't waste time with a burst of speed she sped at the cop grabbing him up and taking him to cover. It was a good thing she didn't stop to think, the bad guy had fired but it wasn't a normal rifle it was an energy weapon of some sort. A bullet she could beat, a laser or whatever not so much, not yet anyway. She galnced at the cop who was super confused.

"Tell your men to take cover and stay back the gGuardians will handle this." She took a look and saw that the window had broken, that was strange, no matter there was still the door.

In a flash *HYPER* left the cop and zipped to and through the door which hadn't been locked thankfully and then she was inthe room with the gunman, behind him. The rifleman was still looking for what had happened to his target when *HYPER* cleared her throat, "Ahem... Hey big guy wanna dance?"

The Legionaire that Rosette was engaged with took a shot out of reflex, but missed as he managed to dodge her own first strike.  He said nothing in response to her jibe, only looking to ready himself to take a more proper aimed shot with a rifle she knew could hurt her.

Below, the Legionaire  quickly aimed at Hyper, but missed, her reflexes proving to be far too much, even at close range.  "This is 621, I have additional Guardian on-site.  It's Hyper."  He seemed calm, far too calm, to be facing down one of the guardians alone, even as his own defensive shield flared to life.

As he was leaving the Vault, the Steel Sovreign sighed.  "Still not the one I was hoping for, and certainly one who can make it difficult.   "Team Five, handle Hyper, use gear G."  

The 5 legionaires saluted, and headed topside.   "Team six, you remain here as guards until the others leave, then you join up with team Five.   I will handle the flower girl."   With that he vanished in an actinic flash.

------------------------------

Enroute  

Tempest and the others could only wait as the shuttle traveled at supersonic speeds.   They had the feed up on one of the screens, and Tempest sighed.  "Steel Sovreign, again."   

"I've dealt with him before, he's got powerful hypertech armor that can mimic many super powers.   His Legionaires all have lighter lower power armor.  They're mostly to small arms, and have configurations when grouped together to help combat different super powers.  They carry weapons that fire defense penetrating energy bolts or physical rounds.   He's known for causing alot of physical collateral damage, but few casualties."

Tempest sighed.  "It's the craziest thing.  I've seen him drop buildings before, but only after being assured there was no one in it but a Guardian."

Hurt the Reincarnating Red Head? Absolutely. A shot like that would sting until she got to one of Guardian's parahuman healers. Put her down for good? Not on his best day if she stood still and took it. And she had no intention of just standing still and taking it.

Rosette danced back and then forward again, butt end of her staff jabbing out with all the force of her short charge and superhuman strength, thudding against his armor. The armor, true to Steel Sovreign's craft, held but the pain grunt and trickle blood from the grunt's mouth showed her she'd scored a good hit. Nice. 

Spoiler

rolling to hit the minion...

!roll 2d6+10 Dice

Maiden BOT — Today at 3:10 PM Exile_Jeane Roll: [5, 1] Result: 16

Deal 38 Damage, not enough to put him down alas.

The goon swung the rifle at HYPER and the beam sizzled through empty air!

HYPER was still in Hyper-speed and while she couldn't move faster than the beam she could easily move faster than the man. She twited to the side as he swung and fired and then using the same motion grabbed the barrel of the weapon nd continuing her twist took it right out of his hands.

But the twist wasn't over yet, HYPER mad a complete circle and brought the rifle around like a club and smacked the goon in the shoulder. However her aim and the force involved were off,  the gun didn't weigh as much as she had figured, she also hadn't known about the force screen! and so the blow which should have broken both man and weapon, instead only glanced against the man after plowing through the force field.

"Well that was anti Climactic!"

The Legionnaire fighting Rosette managed to bring his weapon up and squeeze off a shot, but it wasn't the energy round they normally used, it was instead a cloud of needles.  They tore her clothing and into her flesh.   (30 damage)

Below, seeing that he was disarmed, and that his shield had been battered down, the Legionnaire lowered his hands and made them into fists.  One inch spikes extended from his knuckles and arced with a violet energy.   Then he brought his left fist around in a jackhamer punch, that actually managed to batter down Hyper's energy shield.  It didn't actually injure her, but the fact they had tech that could penetrate her powerful defenses was enough to give any Guardian pause.

Spoiler

Both enemies hit with their attacks, the one that is engaging Hyper actually crit, so he was able to fully penetrate her shield.