• Divine Right a Trinity Continuum Open World PbP
  • Something Wicked: A Teen Witch Chronical
  • Shadows of the Worlf: a Game of Personal Supernatural Horror
  • Three Leaves DnD 5E Campaign
  • Absolute Power Supers Game
  • Code of Conduct Read in Rules Above

Malachite

• 3 months later...

With Mala still being super busy with Real Life, I am going to step in as co-st and see if we can get the other threads of DR back up and running and the rest of your characters back in the game.

This may take a few day before I can get things going and I will need your help. 

1) Tell me here which of your characters you still wish to write for.  Any character you do not wish to continue will be taken as an NPC for ST use.

2) Once we have a roster of active characters I will begin the task of reactivating the threads or beginning new ones if the original is no longer viable.

3) I want each of you to create a baseline human character using Mala's base rules for Normals. this character will be attached to someone else's character. you can work with that other character's player to hash details out. once the basics of the character is done, get with me for any specific things and bonus development xp.

DR is one of the most vibrant game concepts we have and I want to see it grow and be fun for everyone. It will still be open world at it's core but I will be able to provide direction and plot points as well as full on story scenarios.  but if you have a story to tell by all means tell it.

post any questions here.

Thank you

I'll using Sean Cassidy, using this Character to replace Eva Zelenka, who I'm fine relegating to NPC status.

For an Normal, I'm looking at a guy (or a girl if it works better for the linked PC character), a somewhat neverdowell who hates the idea of working 9-5 in a cube farm, who makes his living playing Poker professionally, if someone finds this could fit with one of the other PCs.

These are the PCs I think will still be active and are available for the Normal attachment.

Brigit

Sean

Cassie

Grace

Deezy

Ryan

Renata

Temple ( any base line attached to Temple cannot be a character from her past but must be from the time of her arrival at Novastorm.)

Using the above list... Asa's concept would work best with either Deezy or Ryan. the only other character that it would work with is Grace but Asa already has a character involved with Grace and what this is designed for is so that you have a character that can post in a thread you really aren't involved in. for instance Max and Justin should probably make baselines that could attach to Grace, Sean, or Brigit. jean and justin could make a baseline that is attached to Renata or the character I will be introducing into renata's thread. Jeane could also make a baseline to attach to ryan or deezy if he decides to take Cassie into another thread away from novastorm. 

In the end all of these characters occupy the same world and will eventually be able to crossover. even the baselines. 

all of this is designed to create a Divine Right Universe that is not just one story about one set of heroes.

I'm good to go with Grace up in Chicago much as my muse has been uncooperative as of late.

Cassandra is on stand-by for anything. In my headspace, she's kicking herself mentally for, as I last recall from Mala, Screwing Up and bringing down the tunnel on their heads, distracting herself by making friends as only M-presense novas can. If Novastorm still wants her, she'd be grateful for the shot at doing right with her powers.

As for NPCs, give me time to brew, lol. 

A little refinement on my 'Normal' PC, her name is Riley Jay Verges - known as Riley Jay professionally, and RJ to her friends. She's the daughter of Rickey Jay, is in her mid to late twenties, and is stage magician specializing in close-up slight of hand and card tricks, as well as a professional gambler/poker player.

Just putting it out there, to see if the character is of particular interest to one of the already established PCs.

Edited by Asarasa

Question for Justin and Max

is there anything story wise you are wishing to explore with Ryan and Deezy respectivly?

not necessarily in the same story just a little Idea of what direction you wish to head with these characters?

Ryan would be very concerned after Stars in the water, and likely push to increase their recruitment efforts.   They've lost their link to the information on the threat, and that bothers him even more.

He'll continue to develop his abilities, and do what he can to help others do the same.

Ryan will travel extensively, if nothing else, so he has a large supply of waypoints for his gates.

• 3 weeks later...

Could I get everyone with a character in a DR game to place their sheets in a spoiler as a signature for the character.

In this case I would like the full sheet if possible, fluff and mechanics. if everything won't fit at least get me the mechanics and as much of the background as does fit. images can be removed.

Thank you

• 4 months later...

OK I just gave y'all a big chunk of XP and now I'm gonna let y'all spend it. Because a good portion reflects xp you should have been getting all along and that you could have used earlier I am going to allow you to spend it with relaxed requirements.

so if you wish to raise a power or buy a mega dot or m-edge you do not have to have meet the max out requirement same with raising your Quantum score. How ever you may only raise a score by one dont.

after this spend period  the max out requirement will be enforced.

Update your sheets as you go. The XP Spend period is good from today until Monday the 14th so get er done

There still seems to be a bit of confusion about how the dice rolling enhancement system works in Storypath.

The following is applicable to both Scion and Trinity.

We will use combat as our example.

You have a dice pool of an attribute and a skill which gives you a dice pool of 5. you have a weapon which grants 2 enhancements.

Your target has a defense of 2 and soft armor 1

your roll gives you 2 successes this allows you to use the weapon enhancement (and any others you have)

so you now have 4 enhancements (after you roll success become enhancements). Enhancments are like money you spend them to buy off conditions and to buy stunts.

You must buy off your targets defense of 2 to score a hit. This leaves you with 2 enhancements left to buy stunts with.

Each stunt has a cost you must pay. The simplest stunt is the damage stunt. Which costs 0+ armor. Which in this case is 1, so to give a wound condition to this target you must spend 1 enhancement which leaves you with 1 enhancement left for an additional stunt.

If the targets defense is higher than the number of enhancements you have you DO NOT HIT. If you do not hit you cannot buy stunts though you can in certain cases buy off conditions which effect you.

Once you have a chance to improve you should look at ways of gaining enhancements outside of your dice pool which is limited.

Remember rolling at least 1 success allows the use of all enhancements you have. But rolling successes does not mean that you hit you must buy off the defense by spending enhancements.

It seems complicated but it really isn't, it just isn't what you are all used to.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok I wish to address a common occurrence and pet peeve which is cropping up more and more in games.

Not reading the posts.

Everyone who posts here has to take the time out to formulate the post write it down and edit it and then post it.  It is a lot of work.

When some of you post it is obvious that at most what you have done is maybe skim the previous posts as your new shiny post is riddled with glaring mistakes and oversights which had you read the previous posts you wouldn’t have made.

Now aside from the fact that not reading what has come before causes mistakes which need to be edited, it is rude and disrespectful to your fellow players.

I am not just talking about my storyteller post but everyone’s post.

So why not take the time read the posts then write and if you have a doubt go back and read the older ones again or ask someone.

There is no excuse for some of the mistakes which are creeping into posts because the writer either didn’t read a farmer post or is just being careless.

So READ the posts, not just the story posts but the Occ posts, the setting posts, and the rules post. Read all of the posts in  the games you are involved in.

Thank you Nina.