Sign in to follow this  
Werewolf20 GM

Chapter 1: Awakening

And this was why Micky was Alpha, Saibh lets loose her own snarling howl of agreement. The sudden change in scenery causing a shudder to run from neck to flank in a rippling wave. Gods above and Below, she hated dealing with Sprits. At least this one seemed to be mostly friendly.

Stepping quietly to one side, she allowed Deer-Stalker her face time with the Spirit, all the while keeping a close eye on her. She appeared friendly, for the most part, but she wouldn't be letting her guard down until it was a sure thing...... whatever "it" was, in this case. With how the Spirit was talking, she smelt a quest coming on. She practically salivated at th3 thought, leaning forward in anticipation.

Micky stood her ground, teeth bared ready for battle, the fire of rage running through her veins, the Spirit spoke and the words were felt more than heard, the rage shifted. Deerstalker spoke her growls in the Garou tongue. but Micky wanted no mistakes with her words.

The Black wolf stepped forward again and as she stepped her from flowed until she stood a woman in and alien world. "You have called us and we have come. If what is ours is threatened we will defend it if Gaia is attacked we will fight, the darkness will know our rage. You have Chosen and we have come. For too long we have been incomplete, for too long our rage has been aimless. If those whom you chose before gave themselves with honor and sacrifice then we are honored to answer your call and accept your choosing. Let our rage honor their sacrifice with vengeance."

She drops to one knee before the spirit but keeps her head high.

Umbra

The Spirit tilted her head, first at Deerstalker's question, as if she was recalling something long forgotten, and when Micky spoke She stood.  "I have no name to give you, for when they gave themselves, they gave their bonds to me, they gave everything, to see the Evil banished away.   I could give no less, and Gave my own Name."   

The spirit let out a small sigh.  "Ages of power, and it was only just barely enough.  So now you ask my name, I have none to give.  I have only what I govern, The Ideal."

She looked to Micky.   "Is your Rage enough?   Yes it can drive you in battle, to slay your foes, to let you go beyond the limits of your body.   That will NEVER be enough to Defeat our enemies.   You must have balance, or you will fall to disharmony, and eventually, the Enemy will take you.  You speak of sisters and a brother, that is good.  The pack is family, sometimes moreso than any other.    If you lack Compassion, or Wisdom, my gifts will eventually become a curse."

"My power is such that I can help build up what is there to its peak and even beyond, but if you cannot balance the power within you, it can unbalance and consume you.   Yes I have Chosen you, your pack, to be mine.  The First Pack of a new Age.  You are not the strongest, but you are perfect for how my power helps you."

Her attention turned to Howls, Sophia, and Saibh, and she smiled.   "I know she is your Alpha.  The leader of your pack, but this Covenant requires your voices as well.   I would hear the voices of those I Chose, and have welcomed to my home.   She can speak for you in some ways certainly, but here, only you can accept what I offer."

Saibh pauses a moment, allowing the words to wash over her, a brief moment of confusion apparent in her stance, eyes flicking over to Micky's almost prostrate form, thinking deeply. Flicking her gaze once more over over Deer-Stalker, she hesitantly steps forward.

"Balance is difficult, but nothing in life worth doing is ever easy. If all you ask is our voices raised in acceptance, then to strive towards that Ideal I would agree." Nodding at Micky she continues, "For Vengeance and honour, for sure, but beyond that, and more importantly, that I would see my family thrive, to see kith and kin safe. Nothing would make me happier or more content, no matter the hardships we endure to get there. Vengeance for the fallen would achieve nothing if at the end of all that, those we protect fell while our gaze was turned elsewhere. "

Even if it meant dealing with Spirit's and the like more, because she had a feeling that the Spirit was talking about more than just the control of their Rage. Fuck, but when she got back home she needed to go out and get blitzed. This fancy talk and flowery shit was useful in it's place,gods it gave her a headache, though. She just wanted to be the best she could be. She could allow no less.

On seeing the fomori, Ariel suddenly felt something freeze inside her as conflicting instincts went to war. Draw her gun and warn them to stand down? Change into a giant monster and murder? Draw her gun? Murder?

The sudden appearance of her packmate was almost a guilty relief as the thought that maybe she would just kill them all herself and spare Ariel the conundrum flickered across her mind. But no...this wasn't something that would just go away. If she didn't have to deal with it today, it would be tomorrow. And next time there might be a whole lot worse than a handful of Fomori.

One of the fomors spotted Ariel standing there and seized the moment she'd squandered. He ran to her, arm tilted back to deliver a lethal knife blow before this witless werewolf could change! He felt the impact of the blade in flesh down to bone and shrieked in bloodlust and glee...

...the glee almost immediately winked out though as he realized he was too late.

The knife had bitten into Ariel's left hand...but it could no longer remotely be called a human hand. Elongated fingers tipped with black, curved talons flexed. He could see the working of muscle and tendons too tough for a knife to do more than scratch under tough, bristly skin. The fomor yanked his knife out and desperately lunged to try to capitalize on whatever opening Ariel had given him...

This time she caught his wrist and held him still, the knife never getting close.

With a snarling, bloodcurdling noise that was somewhere between a howl and a roar, the creature Ariel had become put her claws to the fomor's collarbone, and ripped downward.

Murder it was then.

Spoiler

Failed 1 defense, succeeded 2nd, attacked with 4 successes; not sure what damage is until I see his defense so I'll let this rest here and update it once Justin fills me in.

Umbra

The spirit  nodded at Saibh's reply, and Sophia spoke next.  "I fight for myself.   To see the Evil that taints this world cleansed, to hear the laughter hand happiness of my pack at the end of our battles.   I fight because we Garou alone have the strength of will and purpose needed to shoulder the burden laid upon us by this War, and the sins of our past." 

The spirit nodded, and turned her gaze to Howls With Wind.   "And you young one?"

Austin

The Formori seemed pleased with the amount of hurt they'd inflicted on Red Tips, circling in close to go for the kill. She was still hurt, even as bones knit and her flesh began to mend.   Ariel was hurt far less, but still facing the two Formori on her own.  One though had greatly suffered as her fangs tore a large chunk from him, his entire right arm and upper torso tearing away under the brutal edge of her claws.   Still there was no fear from the Formori, and it and it's fellow seemed to surge forward, preparing to attack again.

Posted (edited)

Austin

Red Tips digs her feet in and braces herself as she takes a deep breath and then she howls. The howl is bone chilling and fearful, reminiscent of the stories of the banshees of tale. This was their best chance to buy them some time to heal and hopefully pick off a couple of the formori. She just hoped Ariel was ready for it.

Spoiler

Details:[7d10 (5 3 5 2 5 6 6)]
Assuming default difficulty: 2 successes.

Howl of the Banshee (Level Two) — The werewolf
emits a fearful howl that causes those who hear it to run
in terror. A Banshee — a mournful spirit of the dead —
teaches this Gift.
System: The player spends a Gnosis point and rolls
Charisma + Intimidation. All who hear the howl must
roll Willpower (difficulty 8; 6 for allies of the Fianna) or
flee in terror for one turn per success on the Garou’s roll.

Edited by elynrae

Howls paws at the ground with her front right paw, uncertain of what to even say, words from days ago still ringing in her ears, that her voice had no power, no sway. That she was weak.

"Don't know, if words mean much anymore. Words were life, words were existence. Stories, music, dance. Now not know."

The small wolf sighed heavily, head lowered, gaze to the ground.

Umbra

The spirit rose, and moved forward slowly, the light touch of her fingers slowly tracing the underside of Howls' jaw, lifting her gaze from the ground.  "Words are power, they give and take life, bind and unbind, and when said cannot be taken back.  Masters of words must be strong.  Do not doubt yourself, or your abilities.  Only you can truly set your own worth.  Now, Why do you doubt yourself, and the power of your words?"  She looked to Micky, and there was a tinge of disappointment, though she still smiled.  A Leader must take care to see to the well-being not just  of the bodies of their pack, but their hearts and spirits too."   Her smile was matronly.  It was a rebuke certainly, but there was still indeed time to rectify things here.

Howls whines slightly, she hasn't meant for her words to shine badly upon her Alpha. This was her burden to deal with, though what caused the issue was spoken and aired infront of the entire pack.

"Could not, stand up for self. Not use words. Sister spoke words, was then told was useless, weak"

Umbra

It wasn't the spirit who reacted, butt Sophia who moved, and her arms embraced her packmate.   "I was too harsh on you, Howls.  I didn't think it my words would shake you this badly.   I'm sorry.  You're pack, and you deserve better.  I apologize."   It was somewhat uncharacteristic of Sophia, but after hearing that it was her fault that her packmate was so affected by her words, She rose to the occasion to address it herself.  She sensed that unless they got past this, things would only deteriorate, and that couldn't be allowed to happen.  Sophia nodded once.  "Your words and your voice do matter, same as everyone else, even if we don't always agree."   Silent nods from the other members of the pack affirmed this.  

Howls flinches slightly as Sohpia nears, unsure what she was about to do until the hug came. 

"Sister and I. We tend speak as one. Think as one. Red speak louder than I do, more often. I prefer tell story, gather story. Make sure stories remembered."

Howls looks around at the others of her pack standing there, looking between all of them, eyes finally settling back on Sophia, speaking more than her words ever could.

UMBRA

Breaking free of the creeping dread they were dealing with a very Stargazery spirit indeed, Deer-Stalker settled down and finally chimed in, "My pack is strong, Lady. A bundle of sticks sturdy enough to slay any foe, bridge any gap, block any door. We will pass the tests on our hunt."

She chuffed confidently, tail wagging happily. Her mentor's stick test was something that stuck with her, a first vivid example of human tricks that could be used by her and not just against her as she had known before her First Change. Frustration, bewilderment, and finally, a tiny bit of elation when she finally got it, earning her reward. This would be okay. With her packmates by her side, how could it be anything but? 

Austin

The effects of the Howl were immediate.    Three of the Formori turned and ran away.   At least two made it, but the injured formori tripped and fell, and went nearly catatonic with fear.   Two still were standing, and looking towards the two garou, their faces set in grim determination, before curling into a sadistic smile.  The Gift Red used had a drawback.  It affected your allies as well, and perhaps Ariel was too stressed with everything going on, but she too turned and ran, leaving Red alone and injured to face the formori.  They came at her with knife and chain, but both missed, surprised by the agility of the injured garou.  

It will take Ariel two turns to reach the center of the Caern and Clarity.   By that point the gift will wear off, and she can head back to Red.

The Formori have made their attacks this turn, so Red it's your action.

Umbra

Micky spared a glare at the moving spirit before looking  back at her pack mates. "Words, more than anything, are what bind us as a pack together. The words of those who chose us before without consultation, whose desire was not for us to flourish but to reveal our weakness, to drive us away. The words we use to bridge the gap between our birth and our reality. We are mixed, we are, in the human parlance, mongrels. Mixed breeds, mixed heritage, mixed genders. But each of us has our own Heart and each Heart must be allowed to speak, no not allowed, must be made to speak."

She walks over to Howls, "Sophia spoke from the body and the spirit, she said the things her eyes see and the things her spirit tells her from the long line of her ancestors. But she did not speak from her heart. None of us do. Even I keep my heart guarded, for we have all been hurt and betrayed by the past."

She places a hand on Howls shoulder, comfortingly yet firm, "But you sister, hide your heart, even from yourself. Your body is strong, your spirit is powerful and wise, I brought you here with us today to hear your heart. I brought you so that your words could sing,  bring us, the conflicted together, make us stronger."

Micky stands straight and her gaze takes in all of her pack then settles on the spirit. "Each individual is made of Body, spirit and Heart. And like each individual so too is a Pack made of these things. The heart always speaks truth, when it speaks. And you here today are the Heart of this pack. Now is the time to speak."

Sign in to follow this