• Divine Right a Trinity Continuum Open World PbP
  • Something Wicked: A Teen Witch Chronical
  • Shadows of the Worlf: a Game of Personal Supernatural Horror
  • Three Leaves DnD 5E Campaign
  • Absolute Power Supers Game
  • Code of Conduct Read in Rules Above

Chapter 1: Awakening

Shameless

Deer-Stalker's happy tail wagging through the portal gave way to a smile as fur melted into homid skin and her tangle of blonde hair came into view, the rite of attunement bringing her clothing with it.  She practically glowed with happiness. The journey back through the Umbra with the joy of success in her belly like a fresh kill? Glorious. Even with the heavy promise of more troubles to come from Arete, she had no doubt they could do it.

And Red Tips had just confirmed it with her words.

"Please tell. I want to know everything," she nodded in the Fianna's direction, "Also, Hi."  

"Yeah, I'm with her," Ariel said, nodding at Deer-Stalker. "We had constant attacks over on this side, like someone knew you were gone. At first they put in some effort to look human. Later on...not so much."

The memory of her own embarrassment on the first attack still felt fresh even after three days, and she couldn't help but feel a little bitter that the others had had what was starting to sound like some kind of vacation while the caern was threatened.

She looked at Micki pointedly. "So...please tell us that whatever you found, or discovered over there was worth it."

It was Micky's turn after making a circuit making sure there were no prying eyes and moving over to stand by Carmilla, whom she looked over and gave her a thankful smile. "It was, Ariel, and I am sure you correct. Something like this doesn't go unnoticed."

She reached into her pocket and produced the stone. "This is why we were summoned. And this is why you were attacked relentlessly." Again she looks at Carmillia, "We you you thanks wise one, without you we would not have found our way. witness and rejoice with us.

Howls with Wind come and touch the stone and stand beside me. Give us the tale of our journey, as the Galliard can. As Howls tells the tale each of you come to me and touch the stone so that she who called us may know us."

Micky kneels onto the ground her legs tucked under her and holds the stone out in both hands for the pack to come as Howls begins the tale.

As the Galiard of the pack, it fell to Howls to regale the others with their journey into a unknown umbral den realm, even as each member stepped forward to touch the stone as Mickey had asked of them.  She told them of the Visions they'd been granted, of the realm they'd found, a primordial forest, perfect in all ways.      Howls told them of The Goddess they had found, for that was what Arete truly was, of the secret connection to the ancient and lost Croatan, and their own personal connections to this ancient blood, and through it, to Arete herself.

"We are her first pack in centuries, possessing the strongest blood ties to her lost children, and Through those bonds, we forge a greater one.   We cannot ressurect a tribe, but through her blessing, and our own actions, We have gained a powerful weapon against the forces of the Wyrm.   As she finished her tale, all had touched the stone save Carmilla, who hadn't been called.   It was Deerstalker who took the stone, and then laid it upon the table as she'd been told to do.   "Each of us must place a hand to the table, and offer our blood and power to affirm the pact."

It was like the vision they'd seen, and each came forward, using a small knife to draw blood, and as one they placed a hand to the stone and offered up some of their own gnosis to Arete.   With this, the pact was done, and The entire Table began to shine as the stone sunk within it.    All of them felt and heard the soft voice of Arete within their minds.

"I am pleased to finally be home, my Chosen.   I thank you."   She spoke, and Eric thought it among the most beautiful sounds he'd heard.  "My blessings be upon you.   My only request beyond your devotion is to never cease in your striving to be better.   Those who fail this request will not benefit for knowing me."

For Carmilla, the lone garou not blessed by Arete, but still bearing witness to this glorious return, She could only rest on her knees, tears streaming down her cheeks, not in sadness, but joy.  This was an unbelievable stroke of good fortune for the defenders of gaia.   A powerful ally had returned, a great mystery solved.

"They will do great and wondrous things."  Her own personal totem, a lesser Avatar of Owl, Grey Horn,  spoke to her softly.  "It will be your place to see them, to help, when they ask."

Grey Horn never was so direct, and she could only bow her head in acknowledgement.

The pack took their hands away and were all smiles.

In the aftermath of this, Eric smiled as they sat around, confident that Arete could hear them as well.  He told them of all the battles, the banelings, corrupted spirits, and formori they'd fought off.    "I tell you all the damn fires we had to light were getting out of hand.  Clarity luckily had a bond with one of the River spirits and was able to help us douse the flames quickly enough."   

"The worst of course was a small pack of three Black Spiral dancers.  They were young, expendable.  Definitely felt like a scouting party."  This was decidedly alarming, and Eric shook his head. "They didn't get away and the wards prevented them from sending reports.  He smiled  "Nothing gets out if we don't want it to."  He made it sound so easy, but the truth was He and Clarity had taken on the Dancers while Red and Ariel were once agian dealing with Formori from the north.  

All of the pack were warriors, and no one would doubt this from now on.

This ends chapter 1   7 xp to everyone as a base.  the Umbral team all receive 1 bonus xp for their visions.  The Caern team will have a chance for a bonus soon