• Divine Right a Trinity Continuum Open World PbP
  • Something Wicked: A Teen Witch Chronical
  • Shadows of the Worlf: a Game of Personal Supernatural Horror
  • Three Leaves DnD 5E Campaign
  • Absolute Power Supers Game
  • Code of Conduct Read in Rules Above

Three Leaves House Rules

Nina

Aside from the Custom Character Creation there are a few more House Rules that we will be using. i will add to this thread as needed.

The first up is Class options.

If you will check your Class entry on the dnd 5e wikidot you  may find some features listed as optional. 

All of these optional entries are considered official for Three Leaves and may be used by your characters.

Ok I know y'all are going "but Nina, this place is so big how do you expect us to get anywhere?" Legit question and i have the answer.

We will be borrowing a couple of things from the video game world, hearthstons and fast travel.

First up is the hearthstone or Home Stone, also called an Anchor Stone in some places. because of the distances involved Teleportaion spells and magic items have always been priority and several have become somewhat common. The Anchor stone is the most comon and affordable.

All cities and many towns and even some villages have had placed in or nearby, by either a wizard who lives there or one who was hired, what is called a Center Stone. This sturdy nearly indestructible three foot tall obelisk becomes the teleport target for any Teleport stone that is either made specifically for it, Called a Dedicated stone (if available in a city a dedicated stone costs about 10 gp, in a town a stone can cost 50-100gp depending on the size of the town), or and Open Stone (these cost considerably more 500 gold is a bargain). Dedicated Stones only create teleport circles for one location. An open stone can be set for different locations, only one at a time though, but are more useful.

Fast Travel is the other. In distant past some ancient civilization lost to time created a network of magical columns that they erected all across the continent. These columns allow the passage of up to 250 mounted men or 500 foot from column to column. the maximum distance between columns is 200 miles and they are unable to operate across or in the great mountain ranges. Using the Travel Column requires a spell caster or casters to use 2 slots worth of spell slots per 100 persons moved (mounts count as 1 man) to activate and move between columns. Travel in this manner is exhausting and requires a short rest afterwards before using another column. using 3 columns requires a long rest before another can be used.

In the Dragarran empire these columns are used extensively and most of the ancient network has been uncovered and in some cases even reworked. While the columns cannot be reproduced today, they can be repositioned as long as they stay within 200 miles of the nearest column. In the other leaves, the next works have only partial been re-established.

• 11 months later...

Atention please, may I have your attention,...thank you

D&D5e is rules light as far as d&d goes but even then sometimes there are too many rules still. y'all have played in my sandbox long enough to know that I am not  rules lawyer. past character creation i could give a fuck about rules mostly. IMO they are a framework at most, more like , how did Barbarossa put it

They're More Like Guidelines

when there is a question about a rule that you are really hung up on ask the group if i am not around.

Primary rule in all of my games... story trumps rules. Always choose the dramtic the fantastic the cool over a rule. even if that means bending or breaking.

I promise the only time i will say no is if it breaks something i am doing  😛

Note: If we were sitting at a table live playing I would probably care more about consistent rules, but we aren't we are writing a collaborative novel of sorts and the rules sometimes have to go away to make that narrative work in a dramatic fashion. write accordingly

HOUSE RULES for MAGIC ITEMS

Magical Item Attunement -- these rules are not in effect in Three Leaves universe. Your characters may posses and use as many magical items as you can collect.

That means you could have ten rings on your fingers and ten on your toes as long as each one is different.

Note that some magical items may not like you using other items but that's something you can workout.

Also note that npcs may also use as many magic items as they can collect

a third note. items that grant a +1 bonus  may now grant a wider range of pluses. for instance a ring of protection is usually a +1 item. but in three leaves a ring can have +1, +2, or +3. there may even be items with up to twice as many +s  note that an item with a + higher than +3 is actually a minor artifact and will often have other qualities and will likely have some degree of intelligence.