• Something Wicked: A Teen Witch Chronical
  • Shadows of the Worlf: a Game of Personal Supernatural Horror
  • Three Leaves DnD 5E Campaign
  • Absolute Power Supers Game
  • Code of Conduct Read in Rules Above

Character: Leverage

Jekca

Leverage

Names: Her name: Elaine Piers, real name: Azavizvedeva Zraddhamanas . She refused to be enrolled with that name, because it "sounds like a sneeze", and "Dads, I want to be normal in school. Not always have the teacher trip over my name and no one ever want to talk to me because saying my name is hard and weird."

Her parents: Sahora (mage parent) and Sajjanesta Zraddhamanas (thief parent), parents are gay male couple, big into LGBTQ rights and liberal LGBT darlings in media/culture, which coming from the middle east makes them... odd.

Her parents supernames: Mister Shadow (thief) and Mephistopheles (mage)

Look: A woman of mixed heritage, often mistaken for Latino until someone hears her name. As Elaine Piers she's usually in dressy but a little exotic in style, definitely catches the eye. As Leverage, he superhero costume is a grey button-up shirt, black pants, black gloves, and a utility belt. She wears a lower-half mask dyed like a Rorshach painting.  

Playbook: The Scion

Labels
Danger +1
Freak
Savior +1
Superior
Mundane +1 

Conditions

[  ] Afraid - (-2 to directly engage a threat)
[  ] Angry - (-2 to comfort or support or pierce the mask)
[  ] Guilty - (-2 to provoke someone or assess the situation)
[  ] Hopeless - (-2 to unleash your powers)
[  ] Insecure - (-2 to defend someone or reject others’ influence)

Team Moves
When you share a triumphant celebration with someone, ask them if you have earned their respect. If you have, take Influence over them and mark potential. If you have not, give them Influence over you and mark potential.

When you share a vulnerability or weakness with someone, ask them if they would defend you against those who mistrust you. If they say yes, clear a condition and shift Savior up and any other Label down. If they say no, mark a condition and shift Danger up and any other Label down.

Scion Moves 

I’ll show them!: When you defend someone who doesn’t believe in you, you can always take Influence over them, even on a miss.

All The Best Stuff: You’ve compiled access to caches of equipment and weaponry other supers have hidden in the city. When you access a cache, say whose cache it is. If it’s a hero’s, roll + Savior. If it’s a villain’s, roll + Danger. On a hit, you find a tool or intel useful to your situation; the GM will detail. On a 7-9, you leave evidence that you’ve been here. On a miss, you tripped an alarm and they’re coming; prepare to explain yourself.

Respect
Write down the names of at least two other characters whose respect you need to earn in order to differentiate yourself from your parent. You may fill in new names whenever appropriate.

Your parent’s greatest enemy: _____________
Respect: ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐ Advancement: ☐

Your parent’s greatest victim: Dani Dynamo (she/her) - one of the founding members of Final Frontier, the world's foremost adventurer-scientist superhero group. A slow-aging Silver Generation fashion icon who has fought everything from pandimensional dictators to the concept of entropy with her electrical powers.

Your personal idol: Claudia deConnick (they/them) - genderfluid fashion designer; has a particular interest in trends amongst superheroes, supervillains, and other superpeople. A very brutal critic, however; very few people impress them. If you wear a cape, they'll say 'no capes;' if you don't have one, they'll complain about the lack of volume and profile a cape would provide.

The city’s greatest leader: ________________

The city’s greatest hero: _________________

The city’s biggest celebrity: ______________

When you seek out one of the characters named above, roll + Savior. On a hit, you track them down. On a 7-9, they’re juggling their own problems, and may not have time for you. On a miss, when you find them, the situation is dire; the GM will tell you how.

If you earn Influence over the characters listed above, instead you mark 1 Respect. If you lose Influence over the characters listed above, you lose 1 Respect. If you lose 1 Respect and you have none marked, you immediately mark a condition, GM’s choice. The first time you reach 4 Respect on an individual, take an advancement.

While you have 4 Respect on an individual:
• You can reject their Influence at a +3 (does not stack with the above).
• You take +1 to a Label of their choice (record it next to their name).
If you dip below 4 Respect on an individual, you lose those benefits.

Potential: 0/5

Lineage

What kind of villain is your parent(s)?

A zealous crusader master thief. - Basic idea so far is that they're trying to gather up artifacts that will let them resurrect/resummon gods of some pantheon they follow and that when the pantheon takes over the world, they will rule beside them as their High Cleric and maybe even earn minor godhood themself.

What is your relationship with them?
Sadly opposed. - She'd like to redeem them, but is more focused on being a good hero than running after their parent for redemption at the moment. 

Your parent has an array of abilities, assets, and strengths. What are some of them? Choose up to 3.

Unrivaled genius, supremely honed skills, dark sorcery. 

What abilities do you use to fight them? Choose up to 2.

Magical Aptitude, master of single skillset.

Moment of Truth
People have always tried to define you by your lineage. As if from the moment you were born, you were meant to be some villain to be defeated. But...they’re right, aren’t they? That darkness is in you. So right here, right now, you’re not fighting it—you’re embracing it. Both hero and villain, and greater besides. You’re overcoming impossible odds in ways no hero would approve of, and no villain could comprehend. Of course, after seeing what you can really do when you embrace the whole of yourself, the rest of the world isn’t going to forget who you really are...

Backstory

Who is your supervillain parent? Both of her dads make up a supervillain team: Mister (&) Mephistopheles. 

Who told you about your parent’s true nature? Her parents did at a young age and Sehora used magic to make sure she couldn't let the secret slip.

Why did you turn from your lineage to become a hero? "Because all that death and stuff is. . .so over the top."

Who, outside of the team, helps you on your chosen path? Farah Piers, an older cousin of Sajjanesta's came to live with the pair as Aza's gestator, then stayed on as a governess when the pair proved ill-suited for the demanding work of an infant. The dynamic settled in and she ended up being Aza's effectively third (and most involved, even tempered and sane) parent. When Aza decided to go heroing instead of following in her fathers' footsteps, Farah quietly helped (and still does) Elaine forge her own path. Her fathers are mortified by her straying from the gods, but hold hope that she'll grow out of this impious rebellious "phase". 

Why do you care about the team? 

When Our Team First Came Together. . .

"Someone important learned about my lineage and condemned us all. Who? Why?"

Relationships

Argo is the only one who understands what I’m going through; I told them which part of me I wished was more like my parent.
My parent once fought and thrashed Leshy; I’ve got to find a way to make it up to them.

Influence:
Give Influence to two teammates.

Advancement
When you fill your potential track, you advance. Choose from the list below.
❑ Take another move from your playbook
❑ Take another move from your playbook
❑ Take a move from another playbook
❑ Take a move from another playbook
❑ Unlock your Moment of Truth

❑ Someone permanently loses Influence over you; add +1 to a Label
❑ Rearrange your Labels as you choose, and add +1 to a Label
❑ Take The Mask and a secret identity from the Janus playbook

When you’ve taken five advances from the top list, you can take advances from the list below.
❑ Unlock your Moment of Truth after it’s been used once
❑ Change playbooks
❑ Take an adult move
❑ Take an adult move

❑ Lock a Label, and add +1 to a Label of your choice
❑ Retire from the life or become a paragon of the city

Elaine's face claim is: Yadira Guevara-Prip
Lev.png

Edited by Charlotte
Added some villains